Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoungPanthers89

Nolan Nawrocki at it again.

152 posts in this topic

As Shutdown Corner pointed out, if you're going to get personal, you better be right.

Agree 100%

Rarely do I see draft profilers get all into personality flaws in ways that border on personal attacks.

Hey but he likes Robert Griffin guys, he can't be all that bad.

Well if stirs and Mr Scot say someone's not racist...

Can you actually show evidence that he is?

I've read plenty of positive reviews of black quarterbacks from PFW over. Also read some pretty scathing ones of white QBs (Clausen was one of them).

Can you actually show something to back up the notion that he is, or is the accusation enough?

Can you actually show evidence that he is?

I've read plenty of positive reviews of black quarterbacks from PFW over. Also read some pretty scathing ones of white QBs (Clausen was one of them).

Can you actually show something to back up the notion that he is, or is the accusation enough?

The racism issue aside, what the hell is up with his claim about Geno's film studies and work ethic? I've been doing a lot of research on Geno for a draft writeup of my own and NOWHERE has this ever come up. The exact opposite in fact, everyone raves about his studious nature and obsession with film study, and that comes from sources outside of WVU. This is the only profile I've ever read that suggested otherwise, even NFL.com and Walterfootball say different.

Agree 100%

Rarely do I see draft profilers get all into personality flaws in ways that border on personal attacks.

I've actually read stuff way nastier than the profiles of Newton or Smith.

PFW profiles get into the personal details on pretty much everyone (you should see some of the stuff they wrote about Rhett Bomar). The rationale is that actual pro scouts dig into pretty much everything, so they do too.

I can see that as logical, but yeah, it has the potential to really piss a lot of people off.

I'm a mixture of Zach Galifianakis and John C. Reilly

I can see that as logical, but yeah, it has the potential to really piss a lot of people off.

Then allow me to suggest that while "white knight'ing"for this douchebag you provide solid evidence he has done similar smear jobs to all types of prospects and not just the 2 we are discussing here.

PFW profiles get into the personal details on pretty much everyone (you should see some of the stuff they wrote about Rhett Bomar). The rationale is that actual pro scouts dig into pretty much everything, so they do too.

SOMEONE FOUND NEGATIVES ABOUT RHETT BOMAR?!!!!!

Then allow me to suggest that while "white knight'ing"for this douchebag you provide solid evidence he has done similar smear jobs to all types of prospects and not just the 2 we are discussing here.

See, that's the fun part. I'm not "white knighting". Just pointing out the stupidity of attributing these profiles to racism on Nawrocki's part. Having read the PFW Draft Preview on an annual basis for years, I know the whole idea is pretty much crap.

If people want to talk about the analysis being wrong, there are points to be made, but apparently some folks are too intellectually lazy to actually look at anything except what fits their argument.

Let me put it this way: anyone who writes these kinds of profiles, pro scout, draft writer, whatever, needs to do something less dickholish for a living. First, this isn't the old NFL that felt like it owned its players for life and had to know their every little detail so they could perform amateur psychoanalysis and justify their paychecks by handing out half-assed opinions. Secondly, if they absolutely feel that they have to be self-righteous pricks and and judge people, AT LEAST GET THE GODDAMN DETAILS RIGHT! They completely whiff on prospects both for good and bad I have no clue how the vast majority are gainfully employed anymore. And finally, nothing infuriates me more than the fact that there us never a single mea culpa with these people, they just sweep their mistakes under the rug and act as if they were right all along rather than manning up and owning their crap. I have no respect for these idiots and can't fathom how anyone could.