151 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,443 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Enter Mr. Scot. Well this thread is heading into deja vu territory rather quickly.

Here's a challenge for you. Read the RG3 profile linked above and quote the parts that show it's racist.

#32 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,098 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Here's a challenge for you. Read the RG3 profile linked above and quote the parts that show it's racist.

Hey let me throw one back at you, find my post where I referenced said write up as being racist. I'll wait.

#33 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

i don't think geno will be very successful in the nfl

#34 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,443 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Hey let me throw one back at you, find my post where I referenced said write up as being racist. I'll wait.

Clarify. The writeup on Smith or on Griffin?

If, as has been suggested here, Nawrocki hates black quarterbacks, then all his evaluations of said quarterbacks should reflect that, correct?

To you, or anyone else wanting to defend that point, quote the parts of the RG3 profile that support the argument.

If it doesn't, then say so.

#35 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,265 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Does anyone actually take Nawrocki seriously?

I don't know if he's a racist, but I know he's an idiot so the question of racism is irrelevant to me.

#36 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

If, as has been suggested here, Nawrocki hates black quarterbacks, then all his evaluations of said quarterbacks should reflect that, correct?

To you, or anyone else wanting to defend that point, quote the parts of the RG3 profile that support the argument.

From another draft guy I follow who's a QB guy, pretty interesting to say the least...

(and look at his more recent tweets if you haven't already)

Posted Image

#37 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,098 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Both, because I never said it. The words ignorant and irresponsible do however come to mind when I hear his name though. One article on Robert Griffin isn't going to simply wipe away the rest of his history.

#38 FootballCzar

FootballCzar

Posted Up and Scopin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

#39 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,443 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

Does anyone actually take Nawrocki seriously?

I don't know if he's a racist, but I know he's an idiot so the question of racism is irrelevant to me.

I don't honestly know if it's correct to call him an analyst. He's more of a compiler. He interviews scouts and front office people and summarizes what he gets from them.

The results are actually fairly accurate a lot of the time (read the RG3 one and you'll see the primary concern was durability) but like all draft analysis, sometimes it's off - occasionally way off.

Now, the guy he replaced at PFW, that guy was an analyst. Joel Buchsbaum was arguably the best draft analyst ever. He was dead on target probably better than 80-90% of the time. And Buchsbaum pretty much did it all himself. Nothing second hand.

Sadly, Buchsbaum died young (mid-40s if I remember right). Shame. Loved reading his draft previews. Wish he was still around to write them.

#40 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,443 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Both, because I never said it. The words ignorant and irresponsible do however come to mind when I hear his name though. One article on Robert Griffin isn't going to simply wipe away the rest of his history.

In other words, it doesn't matter if there's evidence that contradicts your views. You'll still hang on to them and insist they're true regardless of the facts.

There's a word for that particular debate tactic. It's called "losing".

If you think RG3 is the only black quarterback he gave positive reviews, I can guarantee you haven't read them. I've been reading them for years. That's how I know the whole notion is pretty ignorant.

Is he wrong sometimes? Definitely, and way more so than the guy he replaced (see above) but the people suggesting he's racist are pretty clearly uninformed. And from the sound of it, I'd guess they don't really care to be informed if it contradicts their knee-jerk reactions.

#41 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,316 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

LOL, brilliant!

#42 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,316 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

In other words, it doesn't matter if there's evidence that contradicts your views. You'll still hang on to them and insist they're true regardless of the facts.

If you think RG3 is the only black quarterback he gave positive reviews, I can guarantee you haven't read them. I've been reading them for years. That's how I know the whole notion is pretty ignorant.

Is he wrong sometimes? Definitely, and way more so than the guy he replaced (see above) but the people suggesting he's racist are pretty clearly uninformed. And from the sound of it, I'd guess they don't really care to be informed if it contradicts their knee-jerk reactions.

Nolan's problem isn't whether he's racist (which I believe he either is or has some small-minded beliefs) but that he's an arrogant douchebag.

How did he handle the Cam pushback? By belittling his critics. He's a dick.

#43 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,443 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Nolan's problem isn't whether he's racist (which I believe he either is or has some small-minded beliefs) but that he's an arrogant douchebag.

How did he handle the Cam pushback? By belittling his critics. He's a dick.

I won't argue the arrogance. Even in his analysis videos he comes across as a bit of a prick. Racist though? Evidence there is weak.

Honestly, that's another contrast to his predecessor. Joel Buchsbaum was described by colleagues as a quiet, reserved guy who never really cared to be famous. He just loved his job. Turned down offers from NFL teams more than once. I always tell people if you never got to read his previews, you missed out on some great analysis.

Nawrocki? See above. Like I said, it's not so much analysis. "Research" is probably a more accurate description, and as such, much more hit or miss than Buchsbaum's writing was.

#44 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,098 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Here we go again with the holier than though routine. Come on Mr. Scot, step your game up.

You keep going on and on about race, who exactly are you trying to convince? Hey you've already proven your loyalty to the guy in the last thread about him and our franchise quarterback. Remember that one? We definitely know your opinion by now. There is nothing to debate with you about if you can't see what's in front of you.

#45 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Nawrocki is a used tampon but I at least agree with the Akili Smith comparison. I was actually thinking about this the other day and Akili Smith is really the only QB that reminds me of Geno. Not saying he will be a failure like Akili since I have no clue how dedicated he is to study, but I'd really like to know where he finds these "sources."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com