#106 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,653 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Guess what? I think there are things you're wrong about too. I like to call it "disagreeing".

Appreciate the statement. In the future, refrain from making any about implications about my character and I'll do the same for you.

Deal?

Well that would be me admitting to something that I haven't done. Not every person is throwing out subtle implications just because they happen to disagree with anothers viewpoint. If everyone on the internet agreed with each other it would be a mindless desolate wasteland, or North Korea. Maybe this place has made you paranoid over time. Anyway, I'm tired and this thread has run it's course.

#107 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,356 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

meh... I'm beginning to think Nawrocki is doing this just to generate press so people buy his pubs. I don't see how else he can keep putting out stuff that is so completely contradicted by so many other sources. So yes, maybe someone told him that. Are you telling me that this guy is stupid enough not to realize scouts lie, and not smart enough get multiple opinions, particularly after the Cam stuff?

Maybe he's a racist, maybe he just has some biases that show up sometimes (note: just because some guy doesn't poo on every black QB doesn't mean he isn't being racially bias when he makes totally unsubstantiated claims), but I think it's more likely he's counting on threads like this showing up on message boards across the country to generate him some word of mouth.

That Barkley piece, ugh.

#108 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

give yourselves a well needed pat on the back...alls yall

mr.scott is a deflecting white night.

the red is fiery, dont messwitm cause he bad.

calvin and hobbes is mr.scotts son and is smarter than all of you...pretty sure thats spot on.

delhomey is waiting.......still waiting....hes really tired and doesnt feel like typing....still waiting...

daddy uncle is a funny fugr again while being a weeny that cant say a wrong thing, ever.

p4l still overachieving

stirs stirring

kurb aka the ref

thread wrap-up brought to you by wholeyshitballstheguyisadouchebagwhythefugareweohnevermindcarryon.com

#109 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

He got called out for his article by Doug Farrar on Shutdown Corner. I still think Smith has issues but nice to see reporters policing analysis.

http://sports.yahoo....55790--nfl.html

Very good article with quotes from Smith's coaches.

#110 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,748 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

He got called out for his article by Doug Farrar on Shutdown Corner. I still think Smith has issues but nice to see reporters policing analysis.

http://sports.yahoo....55790--nfl.html

Very good article with quotes from Smith's coaches.

Quoting...

Now, what we don't know is where Nawrocki is getting this stuff. We assume he's talking to NFL teams, because if he isn't, he's making it up -- unless he's in the room with NFL teams during combine interviews, which we tend to doubt. That's the first problem with the "analysis" that doesn't come strictly from tape -- the lack of clear and credible sources. If you poll a room full of NFL scouts, coaches, and executives about any player, you'll get a pretty divergent set of opinions. It's then your job as the analyst in question to vet those opinions, decide what's accurate and relevant, and present your version.

I'm honestly not sure that's how they do it. From what I've read, it actually sounds more like they just print the vast majority of what they've heard from whomever.

The good side of that? It presents a truer representation of what all's being said rather than it just being your opinion with citations to back it up.

The bad? If you have contradictory info or one of your sources is just plain off the mark, the result is a mess (which is what this story is looking like).

Citing coaches can be a bit tricky too. Yes, they have the most experience with the player, but they're not exactly objective parties.

Be interesting to see how this plays out. Wouldn't necessarily expect it to have much in the way of real world consequences (the Newton fracas didn't) but ya never know.

Regardless of how the debate goes, my main hope is that Smith get's drafted by a team that'll do a good job developing him into a solid NFL quarterback.

I'm iffy on whether I'd want Andy Reid in charge of that task. He's developed QBs that have played well within his system, but then they suck if they leave it.I'd kinda like Smith to be a guy who can be successful in situations other than just playing in one system.

#111 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:36 AM

is there some sort of hack signal that lights up the night sky whenever nawrocki plays on racial stereotypes so that mr. scot can leap to this moron's defense?

#112 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,902 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

Assuming his sources are legit, Nawrocki needs to consider that the opinions he's getting from scouts and team reps could be nothing more than a disinformation campaign hoping to turn others off prospects so they'll have a chance to get them.

Do you suppose he considers that? LOL

#113 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,316 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

Let me say this first, I don't really give a poo about this guy and this thread, but I want to say this.

Mr. Scot, you can end all this back and forth if you just link to some of his profiles that destroy first round talent the same way he tries to destroy Cam and Geno.

Show the "fake smile" "lazy" "etc" on a white prospect (well a couple) and the thread is basically nullified and you are vindicated in your opinion.

#114 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,748 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

Let me say this first, I don't really give a poo about this guy and this thread, but I want to say this.

Mr. Scot, you can end all this back and forth if you just link to some of his profiles that destroy first round talent the same way he tries to destroy Cam and Geno.

Show the "fake smile" "lazy" "etc" on a white prospect (well a couple) and the thread is basically nullified and you are vindicated in your opinion.

I have the print versions of the books and can quote from there (later, got a ten hour shift ahead) but I'll also see what's linkable. RG3s profile is linked within the thread if you wanna see a positive example.

I can tell you from memory that the negatives for Jimmy Clausen are extremely similar to the negatives for Newton (ironically enough). Ryan Mallett was also ripped as immature, selfish, etc.

#115 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,407 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Do you want me to link to Jimmy's PFW profile or do you still need to buy more time?

#116 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Posted Image

#117 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,748 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Clausen's profile I found, though not in official version. Just reprinted on another message board so linking is kinda pointless. The profile pages on the PFW website are long gone. Cut and paste makes it easier on me though. Saves me from having to type out the whole thing. If anyone else has a linkable version, be my guest.

Negatives: Too manufactured-has a high effort delivery. Tends to hop in the pocket and is not much of a scrambling threat-can be flustered by the rush and takes too many sacks. Has a tendency to overstride when he goes deep, lowering his release point, and has to put his entire body into the throw and chuck it like it's a javelin. Puts too much air underneath the deep ball and launches some rainmakers. Inconsistent deep accuracy- was 0-for-7 throwing to his deep right in five games charted the past two years. Has an awkward follow-through and too often falls backward after he throws. Had a strong supporting cast with receivers who attacked the ball. Has a sense of entitlement, having attended private schools, worked with private QB coaches and being sheltered by his family, who bought a house on campus so his brothers had a place to stay for every game. Arrogant-can come off as having all the answers and struggle to win a locker room. Still immature. Comes across as overly staged, scripted and disingenuous in interviews and does not have the type of presence desired in the face of a franchise. Is not a fan of the weight room.

Summary: A tough, instinctive, competitive gamer who overhauled his mechanics from the time he was a freshman, physically matured and developed into a decisive marksman. Has been groomed by Charlie Weis and has an advanced understanding of the game that will allow him to step into a starting lineup readily. However, he is cut from the same cloth as Rex Grossman and J.P. Losman, possessing an elitist attitude and selfishness that could polarize a locker room and create needless drama that may detract from a team. The defining question of his career is whether he possesses the intangibles and makeup to become a leader and win the respect of his teammates.

People forget that Clausen wasn't projected to drop to the second round. Most mocks had him going first round, some pretty high. There was a lot of shock when he fell, including this post draft blurb from PFW's Dan Parr.

Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen — a quarterback who some bright football minds think is the best in the entire draft — fell to Carolina with the 48th overall pick. Clausen is considered to be NFL-ready after playing in a pro-style offense under the guidance of Charlie Weis at Notre Dame, but the Panthers have said Matt Moore will be their starter under center in 2010.

But hey, they'd never rip a highly touted white prospect, right?

(or maybe it's just that nobody makes a national news story of it when they do)

#118 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,748 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Found Ryan Mallett's profile still online (link)

Positives: Has excellent size and a rocket arm to laser the ball into tight windows and effortlessly heave it 70 yards. Has a tall, over-the-top delivery and a high release point. Rare arm strength - can generate the ball velocity of a JUGS machine and make every throw without setting his feet. Rallied come-from-behind victories vs. Georgia and LSU on the road and can flip the field quickly.

Negatives: Very streaky. Makes ill-advised decisions zeroing in on receivers and overly relying on his arm strength. Needs to learn to subtract from his fastball. Is too easily rattled by pressure and struggles to sidestep the rush and maneuver in the pocket - cannot escape his own shadow. Mechanics always could be a problem (too many moving parts) - and the ball tends to sail. Inconsistent accuracy and ball placement and it diminishes greatly on the move, where he makes his receivers work too hard for the ball. Limited field vision - does not cycle through progressions. Flustered against Alabama, taking back-to-back delay-of-game penalties while looking to the sideline for the call, and could not close on big stages against Alabama or Ohio State. Received a personal foul vs. Texas A&M for dropping an elbow. Does not play with energy or demonstrate on-field command. Immature, is not a respected leader and character needs to be evaluated very closely. Does not come across well in interviews and must prove his commitment to the game.

Summary: A tall, lumbering, rocket-balling pocket passer who sprays live bullets, Mallett began to settle down as a senior and fits very well in a vertical passing attack, but issues still reside about his makeup and lack of maturity. Will not be able to live off his arm talent alone in the NFL, and his inaccuracy and shaky decision making are concerning.

And though I won't take the time to reprint it here, they suggested The Golden Calf of Bristol's best shot at the NFL was switching to another position like TE or FB.

#119 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,050 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

ESPN Insider's draft profile on Geno:

An extremely confident competitor that flashes a bit of a gunslinger mentality on tape. Weight-room work ethic is adequate but can improve. Has developed into a good leader, but the in-your-face vocal aspect of leadership at the quarterback position is not completely natural to him. First-guy-in, last-guy-out type. Tremendous passion for game and work ethic. Determined to succeed.

Mentally tough and never stops fighting. Does not take many negative plays and is willing to throw the ball away to fight another down. Remarkable TD-INT ratio (99-20) last three seasons. Is tough. Willing to hang in pocket and deliver an accurate throw in the face of pressure. Game tape junkie.

Again, Mr. Scot, the question isn't whether he ripped white QBs just as badly as bad QBs, or had good things to say about any black QBs. The question is why he continues to pass off these quotes from the NFL scouting community that are wildly misinformed. Just because a NFL scout may say something doesn't make it remotely true, as their are ignorant people in that profession like any other.

This tells me that Nawrocki doesn't do any research, he's a hack, and he is not deserving of any defense.

#120 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

45]
Bruce FeldmanVerified account@BFeldmanCBS

.@jrc233 @SC_DougFarrar The work ethic knock on Geno is total BS. He spent more hours in WVU FB bldg after midnight than the custodial crew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.