22 replies to this topic

#16 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Um he did not have a full year to show up. He was in the PUP list for 7 weeks, inactive in many games. How is that a year?

He tore his ACL 5 months before AP and didn't have one catch this year. It doesn't matter how great of a player he is, if he can't get on the field he has no value.

#17 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

He tore his ACL 5 months before AP and didn't have one catch this year. It doesn't matter how great of a player he is, if he can't get on the field he has no value.

No poo he tore his acl. I'm just saying your facts are wrong, he didn't have a full season like you said he did. He has been on the field before and with that sampling he should get a chance to make the team in training camp. At least. Will he? I don't know. I'm not a betting man, and if I was I would not bet on Gettis making the team.

#18 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

I think the amount of interest we've shown in the WR position, both in FA and in the draft (early, mid, and late round prospects) says a TON about what Gettleman and staff think about the current state of our WR corps. I don't think Gettleman is gonna sit on his hands and hope Smitty keeps outrunning Father Time.

#19 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

I think the amount of interest we've shown in the WR position, both in FA and in the draft (early, mid, and late round prospects) says a TON about what Gettleman and staff think about the current state of our WR corps. I don't think Gettleman is gonna sit on his hands and hope Smitty keeps outrunning Father Time.

Competition breeds excellence. That's what I get from this interest in WR. It's a wake up call to everyone too.

#20 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,668 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

He's gonna blow up somewhere else, somewhere where someone actually gives him a chance unlike Chico, who just let him rot on the bench when everyone not named Smitty and LaFell were nobodies anyways. Retarded.

#21 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,739 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

Somehow he's managed to reach legendary status with many on this board. I hoped for more from him but he's done exactly jack poo in 2 years. I don't see him making the final roster this season. Gettleman isn't handing out free roster spots just because you show up, like Hurney was known for doing.

#22 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,918 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

DG is Donovan Tate irrelevant.

Google it. Donovan Tate irrelevant.

#23 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

I cant say hes in RR doghouse. He was still recovering from his knee last season as well as another injury during training camp i think they place him on the PUP list early on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.