• 13,308 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

What it comes down to

Italian, Irish, German pride etc= not KKK

White pride= KKK

the end

So Southern American Pride is ok?

Is Black/Latino/Asian/Arab pride also segregated my country or locale of origin?

#47 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

Well Kurb, I don't know about you, but I don't know anything about where my ancestors came from.

I'm just from Illinois.

#48 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,308 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

Well Kurb, I don't know about you, but I don't know anything about where my ancestors came from.

I'm just from Illinois.

I'm from Mercia :-D

#49 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,517 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

white pride groups exist

they're called whole foods stores

#50 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,517 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

I'm just from Illinois.

Well this explains your "there are KKK/neonazis undercover around every corner" paranoia

Because in Illinois, they actually are.

#51 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,174 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

But Illinois is not a southern state right?

The years lost on racial issues is staggering.

#52 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,143 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

More killing in Chicago than the whole state of NC, so a man has to be on his toes.

#53 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

Reminds me of two kids yelling "you let go first!"

#54 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,347 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

I feel that white pride groups are unnecessary because white people are not at all marginalized in society, whereas other minority groups often are.

#55 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,475 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

I feel like all individual race inspired progress groups are inherently racist by definition. The issue should be eliminating racism and social stratification across all subsets, not just the advancement of individual groups arranged against the norm.

#56 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,174 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

I agree flop. When you compartmentalize yourself there are unintended consequences.

#57 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,347 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

I feel like all individual race inspired progress groups are inherently racist by definition. The issue should be eliminating racism and social stratification across all subsets, not just the advancement of individual groups arranged against the norm.

In an ideal society they wouldn't be necessary nor helpful, but in a society where certain minorities are marginalized, there is a certain strength in organization.

I do not think that individual race-inspired groups are inherently racist, because that would require that the group espouses that its members are superior to others. You can celebrate differences and promote equality without requiring superiority due to race.

You may be right that most race inspired groups end up racist but I do not think that is a requirement. In general, the primary reason I think "white progress" groups are unneeded and far more likely to be racist in general is that they appeal to people that see the world in a certain way that is often linked to racism. I do not think it is required that they be that way, but if they are not, then they seem extraneous.

#58 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,475 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

In an ideal society they wouldn't be necessary nor helpful, but in a society where certain minorities are marginalized, there is a certain strength in organization.

I do not think that individual race-inspired groups are inherently racist, because that would require that the group espouses that its members are superior to others. You can celebrate differences and promote equality without requiring superiority due to race.

You may be right that most race inspired groups end up racist but I do not think that is a requirement. In general, the primary reason I think "white progress" groups are unneeded and far more likely to be racist in general is that they appeal to people that see the world in a certain way that is often linked to racism. I do not think it is required that they be that way, but if they are not, then they seem extraneous.

You missed the word "progress" in "race inspired progress groups". Race inspired cultural groups were not my intended target, rather groups that focus on the advancement of a certain racial subset. Simply doing so professes the ideal that one group is more entitled to social progress and/or equality than another group. The battle should be for complete social equality, not the advancement of one group as compared to another.

#59 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,347 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

You missed the word "progress" in "race inspired progress groups". Race inspired cultural groups were not my intended target, rather groups that focus on the advancement of a certain racial subset. Simply doing so professes the ideal that one group is more entitled to social progress and/or equality than another group. The battle should be for complete social equality, not the advancement of one group as compared to another.

So you think right now, all racial groups are completely equal (or that they are all equal save for one being superior and the rest being in a completely equal bad position)? That is the only way in which your statements make any sense. If no group representing a specific group existed there is a greater chance that specific circumstances experienced by that group would not be represented if we assume that the various natures of inequality in society are not equal across all minorities.

I don't agree with your premise that promoting greater equality between one group and another necessarily means that the group you are promoting deserves it more than a group you are not, that doesn't make sense to me. The battle for complete social equality is typically fought by coalitions of groups, and my feeling is that it is important to have multiple perspectives in this, and that is easiest to accomplish with a diverse coalition rather than a single body.

I think it is overly dismissive to say that any group that espouses equality but focuses their efforts in one arena is racist. Obviously there are groups that claim equality but have a very different agenda, but I don't think either of us are discussing such groups.

#60 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,475 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

So you think right now, all racial groups are completely equal (or that they are all equal save for one being superior and the rest being in a completely equal bad position)? That is the only way in which your statements make any sense. If no group representing a specific group existed there is a greater chance that specific circumstances experienced by that group would not be represented if we assume that the various natures of inequality in society are not equal across all minorities.

I don't agree with your premise that promoting greater equality between one group and another necessarily means that the group you are promoting deserves it more than a group you are not, that doesn't make sense to me. The battle for complete social equality is typically fought by coalitions of groups, and my feeling is that it is important to have multiple perspectives in this, and that is easiest to accomplish with a diverse coalition rather than a single body.

I think it is overly dismissive to say that any group that espouses equality but focuses their efforts in one arena is racist. Obviously there are groups that claim equality but have a very different agenda, but I don't think either of us are discussing such groups.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Yes, on a basic level, I believe that any group that focuses it's energy and efforts into social progress for one specific racial group does nothing but promote racist idealism. By setting up programs that are specifically geared towards one racial group you are doing nothing but further marginalizing other minority groups. So long as there is one racial group that holds a superior position in social and economic opportunity, then all other groups needs to be treated with equal programs designed at leveling the playing field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.