Photo
- - - - -

NC Republican/General Assembly Idiocy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#37 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

So you're telling me that you're cool with thousands of students voting in local elections in areas that they don't truly reside? Or conversely restricting them from voting in local elections for the area that they do ACTUALLY reside in?

IActive duty personnel can register to vote in areas they reside in that they would never actually consider home. Then move to another area and register there. What's the difference?

#38 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Take Suzy Student. She lives in Wilmington. Her voting registration/interests lie in Wilmington. She is claimed as a tax exempt student by her parents in Wilmington.

She moves to Charlotte to go to school. She decides to register to vote (maybe for the first time) at Charlotte, but put her current address. Her parents are getting a tax credit for her for her area, Wilmington...but she's choosing her representation in a different area. Wilmington is giving up tax monies for an individual that's residing somewhere else. All hypothetical.

Representation without taxation is just as bad as taxation without representation.

So you're telling me that you're cool with thousands of students voting in local elections in areas that they don't truly reside? Or conversely restricting them from voting in local elections for the area that they do ACTUALLY reside in?

By registering to vote in the new location, they are saying they truly reside there and are wanting to vote on laws/representatives for that area.

#39 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

And yes I can see where the issue is regarding tax credit status. Still, tired of all these little cheap tricks that take up their time instead of tackling bigger issues. God forbid

#40 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

Representation without taxation is just as bad as taxation without representation.

You might actually swing people like me to your side using this argument.

#41 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

I just had a novel idea

What if we had a tax that would be a prerequisite in order to vote. What should we call this newfangled idea, tinderbox?

#42 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

No one's taxing the voter.

#43 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

I just had a novel idea

What if we had a tax that would be a prerequisite in order to vote. What should we call this newfangled idea, tinderbox?

What if we just didn't have income tax?

#44 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

I was all set to come home and post about this, and wait for G5 and friends incredibly dumb responses, but hey all the work has been done for me, so thanks

#45 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

You're welcome

#46 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

I was all set to come home and post about this, and wait for G5 and friends incredibly dumb responses, but hey all the work has been done for me, so thanks

Yes...my posts were dumb. You got me CWG. You so awesome.