• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

The banks, from what I've seen, tightened up way too much post crash - they do need to loosen up the money to get things rolling. This does involve risk like anything else. However we know that people seem to be more aware of financial planning post recession, and of course G5's position, which is incorrect, is that "the government forced banks to make bad loans" which has been shown to be false over and over again right here, which explains why he still wants to insinuate that it's "Obamas fault".

What G5 of course didn't want to put in the quotes as it would make it less scary:

I agree to an extent although I think things are loosening some. But I think that Banks and other lenders shoiuld never allow lending standards to get to the point they were at prior to 2008.

#17 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Of course not, that was greed gone wild.

#18 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

I'd like to find to find the morons still espousing that owning your own home is the unquestioned best way to go.

#19 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,767 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

Yet another unauthorized statement off record...aka doesn't mean a whole helluva lot.

#20 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Simply Stunning.

Sometimes I can't believe what I am hearing when people talk about our federal government.

Hey do me a favor, chart out how long it took for the last housing market bubble to form and pop in our area, so I can save up, sell my house high and buy up foreclosures when it pops again ^_^

#21 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'd like to find to find the morons still espousing that owning your own home is the unquestioned best way to go.

I think that depends on a person by person basis.

#22 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Sure it does, which is why I hate the "Owning your home is the American dream and the only way you can be an American cause Americans own homes if they love America" bs that's constantly pumped out.

Which, btw, had a pretty big hand in this housing crisis.

#23 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Is there any investment/purchase that is the unquestioned right thing to do?

If you are planning on being in a certain place for a long period of time, purchasing is the right thing to do, almost always. However if you move a lot or have commission type income that may not be the case.

Either way, buying up to your limit is foolish, and I would never recommend it to anyone.

#24 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hey do me a favor, chart out how long it took for the last housing market bubble to form and pop in our area, so I can save up, sell my house high and buy up foreclosures when it pops again ^_^

From what I/my company is looking at, depending on how the government goes.....we probably have another 4-5 year run up.

#25 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Sure it does, which is why I hate the "Owning your home is the American dream and the only way you can be an American cause Americans own homes if they love America" bs that's constantly pumped out.

Which, btw, had a pretty big hand in this housing crisis.

That and Government/Lenders making really really stupid and predatory moves against people who were to stupid to realize a 30k a year job shouldnt own a 2500sqft home.

#26 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

From what I/my company is looking at, depending on how the government goes.....we probably have another 4-5 year run up.

*rubs hands together*

Exxxccccelllleeennnttttt that works right into my timeline....

#27 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,985 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

while on the coast this past week, i was eyeballing some props. some in wilmington, some in myrtle and some in charleston. prefer charleston though.

#28 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

while on the coast this past week, i was eyeballing some props. some in wilmington, some in myrtle and some in charleston. prefer charleston though.

Booooooooooo!

#29 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

*rubs hands together*

Exxxccccelllleeennnttttt that works right into my timeline....

Yup.

Brunswick County will lag behind that though...can't remember where you are.

What I mean, it there is not a shortage of raw land or develop(able) land in the Leland area.

In New Hanover we are seeing people bidding on homes over asking price, depending on area and school district.

#30 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,985 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

yeah man i know. i try to hit you or kurb or biscuit up but we got in town mon, and zipped down to myrtle on wed and headed back.

wifes dad is doing very poorly with his health so now its mainly just seeing him.

i should be back down in a couple of weeks for a wkd.

need to get the crew together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com