Photo
- - - - -

CB article from Draft Panthers, an interesting take.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

As is true with all of the DraftPanthers Top 10 Rankings, our Top 10 CB rankings are somewhat different from the majority of other NFL Draft Sources. That is because we bring you Top 10′s that match the Carolina Panthers needs, and more importantly, likely personnel type additions.
Cornerback is one of the deeper positions in this draft when it comes to combining known talent with potential. The Panthers can easily wait until the third day of the draft and secure a quality CB. If they are not content to wait, or are unhappy with the 7 CBs already under contract for 2013, they can get a starting CB in the 2nd Round.

1 Dee Milliner Alabama 1st – Early

2 Xavier Rhodes Florida State 1st – Early

3 Desmond Trufant Washington 1st – Late

4 Jamar Taylor Boise State 2nd – Early

5 Johnthan Banks Mississippi State 2nd – Early

6 Darius Slay Mississippi State 2nd – Mid

7 Logan Ryan Rutgers 3rd – Early

8 D.J. Hayden Houston 3rd – Mid

9 Sanders Commings Georgia 3rd – Late

10 Robert Alford SE Louisiana 4th – Early

What do you all think ?

Some more stuff here ->http://draftpanthers...back-prospects/

#2 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

I would be willing to bet there's a zero percent chance Commings and Hayden go before Alford....

#3 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm a good clown

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

If D.J. Hayden is healthy, he is going to be very good.

#4 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

If D.J. Hayden is healthy, he is going to be very good.

I don't doubt that he will be, it's more about Alford standing out during the draft process, than either of those guys being lesser prospects.....

#5 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm a good clown

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

I don't doubt that he will be, it's more about Alford standing out during the draft process, than either of those guys being lesser prospects.....

I see what you are saying. But if D.J. Hayden is completely ready to go health-wise, he should be the second corner off the board in the entire draft. He won't go that high, because he almost died last season, but his play is extremely impressive.

#6 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

I see what you are saying. But if D.J. Hayden is completely ready to go health-wise, he should be the second corner off the board in the entire draft. He won't go that high, because he almost died last season, but his play is extremely impressive.

Yes but the health concerns are valid, so in my opinion Alford will come off the board before him....

#7 DraftPanthers

DraftPanthers

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Good points guys! Just to clarify, our top 10 lists on our site are Panthers specific. Alford is likely to get drafted ahead of Commings that is a true statement.

But, as was mentioned in our scouting report of Commings, the Panthers have shown very sincere interest in him for a while. Perhaps the most of any prospect.

He is a prototypical press corner who has previous experience at safety and is one of the few versatile DBs in the entire draft class that can matchup against TEs.

Hayden was a tough call to include or exclude because of health concerns but we elected to include him based on hopeful medical reports and talent level.

#8 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

I've read that Rhodes doesn't hustle all the time, and I've seen how Trufant is allergic to contact. Rivera seems to put a premium on these things. Thoughts?

#9 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

I think Taylor presents the best value in the 2nd.

#10 DraftPanthers

DraftPanthers

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

Taylor is one of my favorite CBs in the draft, not getting nearly enough love and it would not surprise me at all if he is gone when the Panthers pick at 44.

The Panthers will not be taking at 14 and the top 3 guys are definitely going to be gone by the time they pick at 44.

#11 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,671 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

DJ Hayden is one of my favorite CB prospects this year.

#12 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

Where's Amerson?

#13 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Given our activity in free agency, I don't think we will go corner in the draft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com