Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What about Sherrod?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Now that Godfrey is moving back to FS what happens to Sherrod? Are we waiting until after June 1st to sign him or are we really letting him walk? In my opinion he improved greatly last year until his injury and is the second best safety on our roster. To be honest though I would have liked to see him moved back to his natural position at CB. Does anyone else aside from me want him back at least as good depth?

Sherrod > Naka

Posted

i dont know what his "natural" position is, but he played mostly safety in college but we wanted to make him a corner, but then an injury from a starter in his rookie season we moved him back to FS, which I would guess his "natural" position is. I think he is a solid player, not one we want as a starter, his tackling isn't the best but he is good depth. I think the severity of his injury has more to do if he is brought back.

Posted

Sherrod > Naka

Posted

Man I think the guy is toast. Would have loved to keep him pre injury but I don't see him coming back.

Posted

Is there any update on how he's recovering from the injury. I personally like him and thought he was a good player back in 2010 when until he got all those fines. He started to shape up last season.

Posted

Sharrod is a good FS prospect physically, but he was repeatedly caught out of position which leads me to believe he just doens't have the brain power for the position. If we kept him I would hope it would be for very cheap and as a back up and ST'er/

Posted

i know this really has no bearing, but the way he interacts with other panthers on twitter makes it seem like he knows hes staying. gettleman is waiting to pick him back up at bottom dollar but with loaded incentives.

Posted

When i think of the Sherrod Martin I cant stop remembering him trying to tackle Reggie Wayne

Posted

When i think of the Sherrod Martin I cant stop remembering him trying to tackle Reggie Wayne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_qDzoX1IA

Posted

I think he plays safety.

Posted

Sherrod isn't even a member of the carolina panthers as of right now.

Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_qDzoX1IA

that was not the play