Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiper on Panthers draft

126 posts in this topic

Posted

Many scouts still say the Russels pro day was the best they have ever seen.

The putz just didn't have the work ethic once he was paid.

the problem was the standard they were all using for what makes a good QB prospect was bogus and they've all learned from that...which is why very few had ryan mallet listed as a top prospect.

all they were looking for was a big QB with a cannon for an arm. they figured the rest could be coached up once they got to the pros. they overlooked the importance of intangibles...and i'm not talking about those extra physical traits...i'm talking about what's between the ears and his affect on the players. work ethic, ability to grow and adapt and learn, attitude, football IQ, and leadership are all elements that were overlooked in russell and leaf as well as some other big time busts. after russell they learned.

Posted

I think that the draft for the Panthers will likely go- 1st round: Safety, 2nd round: Wide receiver, 4th round: Defensive tackle

It is largely going to depend on if Star falls. If he does, we WILL go get him.

Posted

Vaccaro is one of the guys I'm not wild about, I'd rather take Elam, Cyprien and a host of others.

Posted

why the hell do the bucs need ANOTHER DT?

Posted

because they've got one that's going to jail for a few years.

Posted

It didn't paste like I thought it would. Says that if Panthers can get a DT in first and S in second that Panthers will be, "off to the races." Says Richardson or Williams at 14.

Yea off like a herd of turtles.....give me some Tavon Austin and then we will be off to the races

Posted

If we take Vaccaro at #14, I'm gonna stick my fist through a wall. No clue what people are seeing in this guy that makes them think he's going to be an elite NFL safety.

i will sob for weeks

1 person likes this

Posted

They lost Roy miller. He was the main cog in their run defense.

Posted

Seeing as I could start at CB for the Bucs right now, I'm not seeing the high DT pick for them. I think that, barring the Revis trade going down, Rhodes is almost a lock to go to Tampa provided he's still on the board. Plus there is no way whatsoever Star escapes the top 10.

Richardson really strikes me as the diet-coke version of Nick Fairley and doesn't address a weakness. We were already generating a decent-to-good pass rush but couldn't stop carolina-chuck if he lined up at RB. No thanks. Grab a fat ass to anchor down in the second if you're not sold on Kearse or Cole.

Posted

If we take Vaccaro at #14, I'm gonna stick my fist through a wall. No clue what people are seeing in this guy that makes them think he's going to be an elite NFL safety.

Really? There have been a few people on the board that are adamantly against taking Vaccaro. I don't understand why. He is easily the most instinctual safety in the draft.

Posted

I hate to say it, but I actually agree with him. If the Panthers can sign Hixon and add a DT and S starter then they're going to be a tough team. I've got one full leg on the WR at #14 bandwagon, but if we sign Hixon as a #3 (with Ginn already in the rotation and "hopefully" Gettis competing) then I think it has to be D in the 1st and 2nd.

Posted

I think I rather have one of the several talented CB's that will be available in the 2nd. Duke Williams in the 4th.