Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiper on Panthers draft

126 posts in this topic

Posted

No, 4-4 is elite speed. Sorry, it's even more elite when your 6-2 and nearly 220 pounds. The fact that Patterson is considered as explosive or more explosive then Austin says all I can say about this speed in pads argument. Check out McShay for the record who says that Patterson is just as explosive or even more so then Austin...

As for KKL,

1. Above. Patterson ran a 4.42, The clocking system had him at 4.38.... He's been clocked in the 4.2 range as well on track and has ran a 10.33 in the 100m dash. He's just as fast as Austin if not faster. He's officially been clocked at 4.27 in high school track. To compare his speed to Hunter is laughable at best, he's a better comparison to Austin and he might be faster. lol

Also Patterson's 40 time at the combine was with a major mistake on the take off and he still ran a 4.42 or 4.38 depending on which number you go by. That's elite speed.

2. Didn't harp one highlight, I mentioned multiple highlights. He abused Amerson on two big plays with route running. I told you to watch the video which is full of examples. I just gave you a few of them. Your ignorance and stupid bias towards Patterson made you not watch them. Not my fault.

3. I used both numbers, not just total yards. lol I also mentioned the fact that Patterson had more receiving yards then Hunter in 3 of the last 4 games.

Argument over...

I've proved he's just as fast as Austin, if not faster. His speed translates just as well to the field as well. I've used multiple examples to show his route running isn't as bad as any one says and that his route running cuts are exceptional. And showed stats that show he was being relied on more by Tennessee late in the season.

Posted

Patterson would get his ass smoked by Austin. With pads, without pads, on the field, or on the track. Patterson is fast, but Austin is fuging FAST.

5'8" just terrifies me in the 1st round. Smitty is a one of a kind.

it's actually the other way around. Austin would get smoked by Patterson. Patterson is a track guy with a 10.33 second 100 meter and a personal best in the 40 of 4.27.

The fact is that Patterson is also a track star as well.

http://www.directath...ck/3932720.html First track year numbers..

Those numbers are faster then Devin Hester and a bunch of other NFL speedsters that are track stars.

Posted

This is sidesplitting. I can't believe Patterson supporters are overlooking or ignoring his shortcomings as a WR (which are major concerns at the Pro-Level).

For the love of Shiva, look at the damn game tape from beyond your biased adoration. Not only does Patterson use his body to reel in passes but his technique is abysmal. He sends his freaking palms are upward while curving his fingers. The beautiful part to this argumentative point is that his catch percentage illustrates that clearly. Not one supporter can discredit that stat. Point blank, Patterson is not a natural receiver and his bad habits only hinders him further.

His route running is an inexcusable defense too. What on Earth are some of watching when you're reviewing his highlights? I mean that sincerely. This is a pretty simple question: how many passes did he make that were beyond 15-20 yards? Be honest yourself -- not many. He's no different that Tavon Austin. Which isn't a terrible comparison but when your 6'2 ft 200 lb WR who runs a 4.4 can't create separation between defenders and can't run a simple slant on a consistent basis [with other intermediate and deep routes] then something is obviously wrong.

On top of it all, Cordarrelle allows himself to be bullied by smaller DBs. He's over six feet. That shouldn't happen at all. Patterson needs to be more physical at the line of scrimmage.

Posted

Jesus I can't wait for the draft. Only 21 more days. These Patterson rants are getting old.

Posted

4.2% drop rate????? Draft Profile Strengths of him being a natural Hands catcher, but does have some mental lapses and drops some easy passes.... Crisp cuts just needs to develop his route running more..... I guess I'm seeing the same damn thing that most scouts are seeing which is why he's considered a top 10 talent guy, just raw and doesn't have a ton of tape going for him....

NC state game where he creates separation on two deep passes against Amerson..... 40 seconds in the NC state video, 1:50 in the game video. 3:44 in MSST. against slay (11 yard endzone route)

As for the past 15 yards, I'll look that up. 40 seconds against NC state (had two in this game against Amerson), 20 seconds, 2:15 in the Florida video. 4;32 in the Florida video. 7:17 in the Florida video, 9:10 in the Florida video (13 yards down field) 1:20 into the Troy video. 1:26 into the Kentucky Video. 2:53 in the Kentucky video. 3:37 in the Kentucky video. 1 minute in the Georgia St video. 1;33 in the Georgia St video. Then there's this beauty against Lester and Alabama; Link There's a ton more in the 12 yard range as well.

I've got 14 or so of them being intermediate to deep routes over the above games. Almost none of those are on 9's as well, there on 7's and 8's and such.

Check the Kentucky video "2;20 or so" for a good reach hands catch as well. There's plenty of them during the above videos as well. Also 3:37 or so of the Kentucky video.

Posted

Jesus I can't wait for the draft. Only 21 more days. These Patterson rants are getting old.

i would say they were entertaining, but really they got boring and predictable, esp. with the guy that finds himself in the middle of every discussion about him and every other WR in the first. its like trying to debate with pffl.

Posted

i would say they were entertaining, but really they got boring and predictable, esp. with the guy that finds himself in the middle of every discussion about him and every other WR in the first. its like trying to debate with pffl.

I broke out some new material for this one, did it help the staleness of the argument? lmao

Posted

One last one that says catch percentage proves he's a body catcher or is bad at catching is completely wrong and absurd to use in an argument on Patterson. .

Patterson caught 95.8% of his intended targets this past season. 95.8 % - that's elite level catching ability there.... There's no one in the draft even close to that percentage. No one! What makes that even more impressive is that Bray was throwing him the ball.

For Comparison's sake, Hunter's catch percentage is in the 86% range.

Posted

I broke out some new material for this one, did it help the staleness of the argument? lmao

its like going out for drives, taking different roads each time to try and make it interesting only to wind up at mcdonalds every time. eventually you're gonna get tired of it.
1 person likes this

Posted

its like going out for drives, taking different roads each time to try and make it interesting only to wind up at mcdonalds every time. eventually you're gonna get tired of it.

LMAO..... Great analogy there. Pie.

Posted

Tavon Austin at 14 please

Posted

I've been cutting back on the booze this week, so it got REALLLLLLLY old. lol.