125 replies to this topic

#106 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

its like going out for drives, taking different roads each time to try and make it interesting only to wind up at mcdonalds every time. eventually you're gonna get tired of it.

LMAO..... Great analogy there. Pie.

#107 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

Tavon Austin at 14 please

#108 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,902 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

i would say they were entertaining, but really they got boring and predictable, esp. with the guy that finds himself in the middle of every discussion about him and every other WR in the first. its like trying to debate with pffl.

I've been cutting back on the booze this week, so it got REALLLLLLLY old. lol.

#109 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

No, 4-4 is elite speed. Sorry, it's even more elite when your 6-2 and nearly 220 pounds. The fact that Patterson is considered as explosive or more explosive then Austin says all I can say about this speed in pads argument. Check out McShay for the record who says that Patterson is just as explosive or even more so then Austin...

As for KKL,

1. Above. Patterson ran a 4.42, The clocking system had him at 4.38.... He's been clocked in the 4.2 range as well on track and has ran a 10.33 in the 100m dash. He's just as fast as Austin if not faster. He's officially been clocked at 4.27 in high school track. To compare his speed to Hunter is laughable at best, he's a better comparison to Austin and he might be faster. lol
Also Patterson's 40 time at the combine was with a major mistake on the take off and he still ran a 4.42 or 4.38 depending on which number you go by. That's elite speed.

2. Didn't harp one highlight, I mentioned multiple highlights. He abused Amerson on two big plays with route running. I told you to watch the video which is full of examples. I just gave you a few of them. Your ignorance and stupid bias towards Patterson made you not watch them. Not my fault.

3. I used both numbers, not just total yards. lol I also mentioned the fact that Patterson had more receiving yards then Hunter in 3 of the last 4 games.

Argument over...

I've proved he's just as fast as Austin, if not faster. His speed translates just as well to the field as well. I've used multiple examples to show his route running isn't as bad as any one says and that his route running cuts are exceptional. And showed stats that show he was being relied on more by Tennessee late in the season.

Are you fuging crazy what did you prove?

Where is your link to this 4.27?

Everybody burned Amerson that's why he went from a top 5 pick to 2-3 round prospect.

And since you didn't want to show your work I'll show it for you.

These are the comparable player with Patterson numbers drafted in the top of the draft solely on their Athletic ability. Just like Patterson if we were to draft him.

Top 10 picks -

Darrius Heyward-Bey - 2008 Maryland - 42 catches - 609 yards - 5 TD's
Ted Ginn JR. - 2006 OSU - 59 catches - 781 yards - 9 touchdowns
Troy Williamson - 2004 - Scar - 43 catches - 835 yards - 7 touchdowns

I mean there's plenty of other ones over the last 10 draft's, but those came off the top of my head. I just had to look up the stats for them. There's been other players taken in the top 5 that have never had a 1000 yard college season as well with in the last 5 or 6 drafts as well. These are just the players that have been taken in the top 10 as well, this list grows even larger if you include the top 15.

I imagine that the list would be probably 10-12 players deep just over the last 10 drafts if you include the top 15.

#110 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Dwayne Jarret Burning the whole Michigan Secondary.

#111 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,902 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAKZifgdH6c

Dwayne Jarret Burning the whole Michigan Secondary.

I'm pretty sure you've covered all of your bases about Patterson.

#112 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'm pretty sure you've covered all of your bases about Patterson.

So the rules are people can glorify Patterson as many times as they want. But there is a post count on discussing his flaws. Ok then.

#113 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,605 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

4.2% drop rate????? Draft Profile Strengths of him being a natural Hands catcher, but does have some mental lapses and drops some easy passes.... Crisp cuts just needs to develop his route running more..... I guess I'm seeing the same damn thing that most scouts are seeing which is why he's considered a top 10 talent guy, just raw and doesn't have a ton of tape going for him....

NC state game where he creates separation on two deep passes against Amerson..... 40 seconds in the NC state video, 1:50 in the game video. 3:44 in MSST. against slay (11 yard endzone route)

As for the past 15 yards, I'll look that up. 40 seconds against NC state (had two in this game against Amerson), 20 seconds, 2:15 in the Florida video. 4;32 in the Florida video. 7:17 in the Florida video, 9:10 in the Florida video (13 yards down field) 1:20 into the Troy video. 1:26 into the Kentucky Video. 2:53 in the Kentucky video. 3:37 in the Kentucky video. 1 minute in the Georgia St video. 1;33 in the Georgia St video. Then there's this beauty against Lester and Alabama; Link There's a ton more in the 12 yard range as well.

I've got 14 or so of them being intermediate to deep routes over the above games. Almost none of those are on 9's as well, there on 7's and 8's and such.

Check the Kentucky video "2;20 or so" for a good reach hands catch as well. There's plenty of them during the above videos as well. Also 3:37 or so of the Kentucky video.

PFF had Patterson at a 62.9% catching percentage rate (low average) which makes sense considering the number of targets Cordarrelle received last season. So yes, his hands and technique are indeed questionable. Some of the blame is placed on Bray but when comparing Patterson to someone like Rogers (who led the SEC in receptions and yards as a sophomore -- a season prior), it's crystal clear that Cordarrelle needs significant development on his receiving skills.

Take a moment and review this link here:

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2013/3/3/4033064/patterson-v-jones

Crawford took an entire afternoon off and reviewed tape on Patterson. His findings come to no shock for those who oppose Cordarrelle as the best WR in this draft. Scouts have him highly rated not because of his talent and productivity, but because of what his potential could be.

#114 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

Posted Image

#115 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

PFF had Patterson at a 62.9% catching percentage rate (low average) which makes sense considering the number of targets Cordarrelle received last season. So yes, his hands and technique are indeed questionable. Some of the blame is placed on Bray but when comparing Patterson to someone like Rogers (who led the SEC in receptions and yards as a sophomore -- a season prior), it's crystal clear that Cordarrelle needs significant development on his receiving skills.

Take a moment and review this link here:

Crawford took an entire afternoon off and reviewed tape on Patterson. His findings come to no shock for those who oppose Cordarrelle as the best WR in this draft. Scouts have him highly rated not because of his talent and productivity, but because of what his potential could be.

This is a excellent write up. I wish the guy would do other WR's in this draft.

#116 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,605 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

This is a excellent write up. I wish the guy would do other WR's in this draft.

He's the type of poster that separates The Huddle from the Cat Scratch Reader. Crawford is very knowledgable. His best post this year has to be his in-depth analysis of The Read Option.

#117 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Don't know where they got the 62% number, but his official number's through the NCAA and Tennessee are 95.8% Catch rate with 4.2% of intended targets dropped. So it looks like PFF is fabricating stats for a team. lol Included a link for the stats from Rotoworld.

As for the review from an inferior site, I've said he's got route running issues and mental lapses when catching but neither are as big of a deal or as bad as it's made out. He's route running got considerably better as the season progressed as did his catching technique, which really means neither are a big deal. He cut's well and when asked to perform double moves, he gets separation and makes plays. I've shown that already in this thread.

As for KKL and the 4.27 40ty, I posted the article in my original post about his speed. It's from his days at Junior college.

http://www.rotoworld...relle-patterson

Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson dropped 4.2 percent of the targets he saw in 2012.
A lot has been made about Patterson's body catching, tending to shield the ball in his chest or stomach rather than ****** it with hands away from his body. However, as the statistic concludes, few of those possible catches resulted in drops. For comparison's sake, Keenan Allen dropped 4.7 percent, Terrance Williams checked in with 5.8 percent, and Justin Hunter's number was a whopping 12.1 percent.

I'm done though, I've posted video and stats that contradict what was argued about him on here from the start. All that's been done is a an inferior site article...... some fictitious stats and arguments in which the video's contradict.

As for the an inferior site, he makes a mistake on the Florida play which makes me question if he actually watched the game or not. The play he said was a drop, was a catch for 12 yards on a 4-10 play that was downed by contact. No Fumble, no Drop or anything else. I don't know how you make that mistake if you actually watched it........... The play in question comes around the 1 minute mark in the video I posted.

Purifoy successfully strips the ball from Patterson; it's a drop. Had Patterson caught the ball away from his body, with his palms facing downward, odds are he successfully makes the catch, and possibly breaks free from Purifoy. Perhaps he even succeeds in drawing pass interference from the Gator.

10:172ndTenn4th & 10 at Fla30Bray pass completion to the left to Patterson for 12 yards to the Fla18.

Read More: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz2PbhqGj96

I come with correct statements and facts and everyone else is using fabrications and lies..... HMMMMMM

#118 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,605 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

The 62% came from PFF and another site that crunches numbers, which has been passed around an inferior site. That stat has more credibility than the NCAA's inflated stat.

Considerably better? No. He improved, but nowhere near enough to be a Top 10 WR. He struggled with routes, physical DBs, creating separation and hauling in passes away from his body all year long.

Yeah, and he supposedly ran a 4.2 at the pre-combine workouts. He ran a 4.4 officially.

#119 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

just sitting loling at kkl circular masquerade

"people put too much stock in 40!!s"

"no no no Patterson isn't very fast! Look at his 40 after all!!"

Lol

No way this guy makes it to the draft if the mods are worth their salt

#120 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

i find it funny that everyone claims patterson isnt a top 10 reciever but we pick at 14. at the end of they day if there was a julio jones, calvin johnson, or aj green in this draft we we wouldnt even get them because they would be top 7 picks. yes patterson is a little bit of a gamble but the only gamble is will he put in the work cause if he does he wont be a problem. if you expect his team to improve and get better from this point out we should never draft higher than 12. if we wont a future #1 and a replacement for steve smith i think patterson is our best option. cause if we go 8-8 or 9-7 like i hope we wont be getting a bonifide number 1 next year either

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com