37 replies to this topic

#16 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,917 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

I just attended the BANNF film festival when it rolled through the triad and now I'm highly interested in getting into filmmaking. I just need the time

I told you this earlier in another thread, but you would like Ron Fricke's stuff

Chronos, Baraka, and the latest Samsara are so damn good. Feature tons of footage of foreign countries.

#17 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,186 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

I hope with more films and TV shows coming to the Carolinas we get more film/screenwriting programs. From what I’ve been told the only film schools are USC and UNC Wilmington.

#18 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,917 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

UNC School of Arts?

#19 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'm a fluffer in the gay pron industry...its not fantastic work, but it's a start

#20 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,186 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

UNC School of Arts?

Yeah, I heard it was on the rise. with all the shows coming in area.

CBS is shooting a pilot in Charleston.

#21 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,515 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

I told you this earlier in another thread, but you would like Ron Fricke's stuff

Chronos, Baraka, and the latest Samsara are so damn good. Feature tons of footage of foreign countries.

that's what i really want to get in to. if i can squeeze it in between all the masters programs i want to start taking some basic classes and invest in some equipment and try to incorporate it into my traveling

#22 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,814 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

-Your specialty - Highlight reels, montages, occasional vlogging
-Your gear if applicable - iMovie, DownloadHelper (Firefox extension), webcam
-What school you went to - I'm at UNC now, but definitely not for film or anything.
-How long you've been making movies - 5 years?
-Your inspiration and influences - None really. Just started with Panthers highlights.
-Your website/ youtube channel/ portfolio etc - http://www.youtube.com/user/AndyRantz
-Plans for the future - Continue as a hobby with side "jobs" here and there (Did some filming in the Dean Dome over the weekend, helped a friend get a full scholarship to Boston University by filming/editing a project for him)

Some montage stuff I've thrown together for school projects over the years.

#23 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,917 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

I remember you posting the paradise one

You have a poo ton of videos

#24 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,683 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Have to go to the gym, will edit after.

#25 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,917 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

that's what i really want to get in to. if i can squeeze it in between all the masters programs i want to start taking some basic classes and invest in some equipment and try to incorporate it into my traveling

Yeah and it just hit me how popular that damn Chimpanzee movie was. Nature/wildlife I'm sure is different than filming sites and people, but there's definitely a HUGE audience for both of those things.

#26 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,968 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

sz. i have a cousin in miami that went to film school at South Carolina. does archives and hosts various film festivals events in miami. has really gotten a niche going down there.

filmwise he and i have always talked about renting filming equipment for movies shot up this way as usually you have to get that from Atl. of course that was our idea 10 yrs back so it's probably resolved.

let me know if you want/need ideas or ways to break in and make a better headway towards what you want. you may not even really know specifically what you want but if you can start hanging around those more like minded, some things may rub off on ya that you didn't know you would want to pursue.

never hesitate to pm me man.

#27 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,515 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

Yeah and it just hit me how popular that damn Chimpanzee movie was. Nature/wildlife I'm sure is different than filming sites and people, but there's definitely a HUGE audience for both of those things.

this film, among a number of others, was shown at the BANNF mountain film festival (it won a bunch of honors) and is part of what has that fire fueled under my ass at the moment

#28 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,814 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

I remember you posting the paradise one

You have a poo ton of videos

Yeah, I had a graduating class of ~30 and started at UNCW when I was 16. I was a strange kid and making little videos for Youtube was my hobby. What can I say, still throw together videos as often as I can.

#29 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

I went to UNC-Charlotte getting my Mass Media and Journalism degrees. I work more on the other side of the camera as a play by play broadcaster and reporter. I also write articles and do scouting so I have to do some work behind the camera. To work around it you have to know at least the basics on everything. My best friend graduated from Western Carolina with his film editing degree so we make a good team lol I run my own website and we work together on all of it with 2 other guys that do photography. I do all the articles and short highlight films and we all help with coding the website.

Got off topic a bit but if you have a Mac then you have I-Movie... start editing with that, very easy program (too easy when you know what you are doing, since it simplifies too much) after that look into Final Cut Pro

#30 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,917 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com