Photo
- - - - -

Sheldon Richardson, is he even a good fit here?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#76 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

Im actually starting to like this dude, his first step is terrific without jumping the snap count if he's in the second(which i doubt) get this dude might even like him at the 14 pick. In this leauge DT's like him are going to become the cream of the crop

are you watching the vids above?

cant say that i see him even going in the 1st with those highlights... but its all in good fun.

i made the mistake of reading too many mocks without watching enough footage... now im not convinced.

#77 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,325 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/sec_football_by_the_numbers_nf_5.html

42 SEC players drafted, more than from any other conference. It's the sixth consecutive year in which the SEC has topped the nation's conferences in draft picks. The SEC edged the Big Ten by one selection. The Big Ten led until the final 12 picks, which included South Carolina DB Antonio Allen, Alabama TE Brad Smelley and South Carolina DT Travian Robertson from the SEC and Michigan State RB Edwin Baker from the Big Ten. This year, 16.6 percent of the players picked came from the SEC. The SEC record for most players in one draft is 56 in 1951, when 15.5 percent of the players picked came from the SEC. The highest percentage of drafted players from the SEC in one year came in 2010, when the 49 picks from the conference made up 19.2 percent of the draft class.

139 Consecutive rounds in which at least one SEC player has been picked. The most recent round without an SEC selection was the second in 1993. Since that round, at least two SEC players have been picked in every round except four. This year, nine SEC players were picked in the first round, five in the second round, two in the third round, 10 in the fourth round, six in the fifth round, four in the sixth round and six in the seventh round.

65 Consecutive drafts in which at least one SEC player has been selected in the first round. This year, nine SEC players were first-round picks. The most recent NFL draft in which an SEC player was not selected in the first round was 1947, although the first SEC player picked that year, LSU B Red Knight, was taken by the Redskins with the 17th selection, which would have put him in the middle of the first round this year.

Now show me the Division 2 stats in the draft??

That's great. Now give me the stats where SEC prospects run the NFL.

Top 10 QBs:
Rodgers
Ryan
P. Manning
Brady
Brees
Roethlisberger
E. Manning
Romo
Flacco
Schuab

Top 10 RBs:
A. Peterson
Foster
Lynch
Rice
Jones-Drew
McCoy
Charles
Gore
Forte
Jackson

Top 10 WRs:
C. Johnson
Fitzgerald
Green
Jones
Cruz
A. Johnson
S. Smith
Welker
Nicks
White

Top 10 TEs:
Gonzalez
Gronkowski
Hernandez
V. Davis
Finley
Witten
Graham
F. Davis
Gates

Is it quality over quantity or quantity over quality? Rhetorical question. While the NFL drafts a ton of SEC prospects, it means so little when the upper echelon outnumbers SEC products. Here's another little fun fact about your precious SEC, 28% of those 300+ hopeful draftees wash out of the NFL and 31% are second and third stringers.

#78 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

That's great. Now give me the stats where SEC prospects run the NFL.

Top 10 QBs:
Rodgers
Ryan
P. Manning
Brady
Brees
Roethlisberger
E. Manning
Romo
Flacco
Schuab

Top 10 RBs:
A. Peterson
Foster
Lynch
Rice
Jones-Drew
McCoy
Charles
Gore
Forte
Jackson

Top 10 WRs:
C. Johnson
Fitzgerald
Green
Jones
Cruz
A. Johnson
S. Smith
Welker
Nicks
White

Top 10 TEs:
Gonzalez
Gronkowski
Hernandez
V. Davis
Finley
Witten
Graham
F. Davis
Gates

Is it quality over quantity or quantity over quality? Rhetorical question. While the NFL drafts a ton of SEC prospects, it means so little when the upper echelon outnumbers SEC products. Here's another little fun fact about your precious SEC, 28% of those 300+ hopeful draftees wash out of the NFL and 31% are second and third stringers.

Show me a Stat where Division 2 Prospects run the NFL?

#79 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

Brandon Williams and Kawaan Short can get into the backfield too, point? Richardson isn't as rare of a prospect as you label him to be. He's explosive and athletic but he also gets bullied by average OL with 10-20 lbs on him.

Richardson does it better. Of course he's not a perfect prospect; if he was, this discussion would be pointless because he would be gone well before we got a shot at him. He is the best athlete that should be available to us, though. He's faster and more explosive than the two you mentioned. He's proven against the best offensive lines in the country, and his motor is unparalleled. Your assertion that he gets beat against the run is a bit exaggerated, but not without merit. He needs to get stronger, and his technique needs to improve. He'll be much more able to do those things than he was in college, especially considering that he only played a year of high-level football. He's the prototypical defensive tackle for the league right now, and I think he's a good pick.

#80 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

Of course do you have any numbers in there some where on your breakdown or are you just FOS?

what?

are you for the prick im mean pick?

hold on while I get a booster chair so you can see whats on the table.

#81 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,325 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

Show me a Stat where Division 2 Prospects run the NFL?

Is that the only argument you have left? I never claimed there was a huge portion of D-2 talent entering the NFL. My focal point was that SEC products don't dominate NFL rankings. The top talent in the NFL come from various conferences.

#82 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

Is that the only argument you have left? I never claimed there was a huge portion of D-2 talent entering the NFL. My focal point was that SEC products don't dominate NFL rankings. The top talent in the NFL come from various conferences.

The Fact that they are putting more players in the NFL then any conference is my point.

That means every week in the SEC your playing against NFL talent. You can't say the same for division 2.

So when making a judgement off a YOUTUBE VIDEO you must consider 1 player is playing against highly talented opposition and 1 isn't.

Plus the fact you're exaggerating on how many times he's getting push around anyway.

#83 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,325 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

Richardson does it better. Of course he's not a perfect prospect; if he was, this discussion would be pointless because he would be gone well before we got a shot at him. He is the best athlete that should be available to us, though. He's faster and more explosive than the two you mentioned. He's proven against the best offensive lines in the country, and his motor is unparalleled. Your assertion that he gets beat against the run is a bit exaggerated, but not without merit. He needs to get stronger, and his technique needs to improve. He'll be much more able to do those things than he was in college, especially considering that he only played a year of high-level football. He's the prototypical defensive tackle for the league right now, and I think he's a good pick.

Does he do it better as a pass rusher? Yes.

Is he the more well-rounded prospect? No.

While Richardson is a terror at shooting through the gap, he doesn't overwhelm prospects like D. Jones, Short and B. Williams (who can pressure the QB, stuff the run and hold a stronger point of attack). Improving his strength and technique holds no guarantees. Richardson gets swept away by mid-tier talent and that's a huge red flag. You may like him, but he's a high risk for the Panthers, especially since our run defense desperately needs an upgrade -- Sheldon doesn't offer that.

#84 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

what?

are you for the prick im mean pick?

hold on while I get a booster chair so you can see whats on the table.

Really???

This is worst then your bull poo breakdown of the video.

#85 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Does he do it better as a pass rusher? Yes.

Is he the more well-rounded prospect? No.

While Richardson is a terror at shooting through the gap, he doesn't overwhelm prospects like D. Jones, Short and B. Williams (who can pressure the QB, stuff the run and hold a stronger point of attack). Improving his strength and technique holds no guarantees. Richardson gets swept away by mid-tier talent and that's a huge red flag. You may like him, but he's a high risk for the Panthers, especially since our run defense desperately needs an upgrade -- Sheldon doesn't offer that.

What NFL Prospect did Brandon Williams overwhelm in college?

How many top Prospect did Short face and overwhelm?

#86 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

Really???

This is worst then your bull poo breakdown of the video.

really did not want to get into a pitter patter with you.

its my opinion genius and that is all. basically what you are doing but with far less ass to mouth analogy.

so please refrain from attacking me and i'll keep it kool, k?

#87 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,325 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

The Fact that they are putting more players in the NFL then any conference is my point.

That means every week in the SEC your playing against NFL talent. You can't say the same for division 2.

So when making a judgement off a YOUTUBE VIDEO you must consider 1 player is playing against highly talented opposition and 1 isn't.

Plus the fact you're exaggerating on how many times he's getting push around anyway.

It's hysterical at this point. You actually believe the SEC is a minor league for the NFL. It's not. Like I've reiterated to you, it doesn't matter if NFL teams drafted 300+ SEC players. Over half of those prospects aren't starting and/or aren't in the league anymore. So your stat is meaningless.

No, not really. Anyone that isn't blind can spot Richardson being a nonfactor in the ground game because Guards and Centers overpower him.

#88 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

really did not want to get into a pitter patter with you.

its my opinion genius and that is all. basically what you are doing but with far less ass to mouth analogy.

so please refrain from attacking me and i'll keep it kool, k?

Your opinion is back up by poo so it isn't worth well................. poo.

I'm attacking your worth poo opinion not you.

I ask you to watch the video and count how many times you seen him get pushed back. Then match that to how many times he got in the backfield. And all you had was ..............................poo.

#89 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,325 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

What NFL Prospect did Brandon Williams overwhelm in college?

How many top Prospect did Short face and overwhelm?

How many NFL prospects did The Golden Calf of Bristol overwhelm? Or for that matter, how many top prospects did JaMarcus Russell overwhelm? How many top tier DBs did Troy Williamson burn in 04? How dominant was Fernando Bryant against WRs at the pro level? Is Johnathan Sullivan in the HOF yet?

#90 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

It's hysterical at this point. You actually believe the SEC is a minor league for the NFL. It's not. Like I've reiterated to you, it doesn't matter if NFL teams drafted 300+ SEC players. Over half of those prospects aren't starting and/or aren't in the league anymore. So your stat is meaningless.

No, not really. Anyone that isn't blind can spot Richardson being a nonfactor in the ground game because Guards and Centers overpower him.

How is a player not a factor when most of the run plays are design to run away from him? How many times in these videos are they running at him?

Not to mention the penetrating he is getting on a lot of running plays.

The question is are you blind?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.