Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian Banks Signs With the Falcons

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Man I hate the falcons so much but I have to say I like this move. He probably won't stick but it's a great story.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9128819/atlanta-falcons-sign-exonerated-brian-banks

The Atlanta Falcons on Wednesday signed linebacker Brian Banks, who was exonerated last year in a California rape case in which he was falsely accused.

The kid will get a second chance that he deserves," a team official said in a text Wednesday.

The 27-year-old linebacker will participate in Atlanta's offseason workouts with a chance to resume his career. The Falcons have scheduled a conference call for Wednesday with Banks.

Banks served more than five years in prison following a conviction a decade ago on rape and kidnapping charges. The woman later recanted her claim and offered to help Banks clear his name.

Posted

Was really hoping the guy would get a chance, shame it's with a team I hate. Would be one of the best feel good stories of the century if he could break out, wouldn't have minded picking up him.

Posted

awesome for him until Stew runs him over!

Posted

Hard to root for our rival but its not even a question of if I'm rooting for him and wishing him succes or not. I hope he slays poo and lets out 5yrs of rage on the nfl... just not on us

Posted

typical falcons. signing a rapist.

Posted

just kidding. would be cool if he makes the team.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good for him.

fug the Falcons though.

Posted

Could be wrong but I think he tried out for Seahawks and failed. He's a smart guy, damn shame what happened to him.

Posted

Nice gesture, but I think the Falcons could save babies from a 20 story building and I'd probably still hate them.

1 person likes this

Posted

WHO

Posted

Dude definitely deserves a shot, I hope he does well. Too bad it's with the dirthole Falcons.

Posted

I'm sure Pete Carroll brought him in last year out of the goodness in his heart, too.