#18 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

These recent signings, even though they are for a position of need. They shouldn't sway the regime to take a WR in this draft, early in this draft.

#19 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Getting good players is more important than getting any particular position. I don't care what position they play as long as they aren't a bust.

#20 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

These recent signings, even though they are for a position of need. They shouldn't sway the regime to take a WR in this draft, early in this draft.

True, but it should prevent them from reaching for projects like Patterson or Austin or injury risks like Allen the 1st. Hopkins/Hunter in the 2nd would also be great.

#21 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

True, but it should prevent them from reaching for projects like Patterson or Austin or injury risks like Allen the 1st. Hopkins/Hunter in the 2nd would also be great.

Even with the injury, Allen is above the others. Although I would rather get Hunter/Hopkins in the second. I'm warming up to that idea.

#22 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

well imo, with the free agent signings, carolina has only slightly improved. If they want to overhaul ther CB and WR talent, they will need to start using high draft picks on them. If they do just select lineman, it wont affect them much this year but could hinder the development of the team later down the road.

#23 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,086 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

...given what's already been done in free agency, the draft was heavy on players in the trenches (OL/DL)?

I'd say our secondary sucks and are a Smitty injury away from screwing our QB.

#24 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,086 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

well imo, with the free agent signings, carolina has only slightly improved. If they want to overhaul ther CB and WR talent, they will need to start using high draft picks on them. If they do just select lineman, it wont affect them much this year but could hinder the development of the team later down the road.

Out of curiousity, which positions are we now better at?

Not being a jerk, I just don't see how or where we improved outside of return man

#25 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Even with the injury, Allen is above the others. Although I would rather get Hunter/Hopkins in the second. I'm warming up to that idea.

Yea I can agree with that. Of those 3 I'd probably want Allen, followed by Austin.

#26 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,599 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

As long as we didn't spend a first round pick on a DT I would be ok.

#27 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Out of curiousity, which positions are we now better at?

Not being a jerk, I just don't see how or where we improved outside of return man

Well I think we are better at WR, Hixon is much better than murphy. Special Teams is better. And I dont think there will be any drop off for CB without Gamble but the cap improved. Also, restructuring players contracts and paying them less means Carolina gets more value. SO you can have the same player like Gross, who wasnt a good deal at one salary but is well worth what he is being paid now. Hope that made sense.

#28 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,260 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Gettleman. Going to trust him with this one. He has enough experience...I expect that he will make this team better.

#29 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,086 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

Well I think we are better at WR, Hixon is much better than murphy. Special Teams is better. And I dont think there will be any drop off for CB without Gamble but the cap improved. Also, restructuring players contracts and paying them less means Carolina gets more value. SO you can have the same player like Gross, who wasnt a good deal at one salary but is well worth what he is being paid now. Hope that made sense.

I think Hixon has a higher ceiling than Murphy but his past track record IMO doesn't actually make him better. Gettis for example, IMO had a higher ceiling than LaFell....but LaFell IMO easily will have the better career.

But Ginn and Hixon do give us better returners than we have seen in years...

#30 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,158 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

Considering who we are bringing in for visits I'm skeptical were going in that direction but we'll see

Valid. I'm just being hypothetical.

This could also be a smokescreen to get someone to try and trade up with us where we can gain an extra pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.