Photo
- - - - -

NC State Recruiting Update

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Didn't see a thread, so I figured I would start one. Here is where we are at in the Class of 2013:

1-Anthony 'Cat' Barber
2-Desmond Lee
3-Ralston Turner [LSU Transfer]
4-Kyle Washington
5-BeeJay Anya

Now this is where it gets interesting:

Josh Davis, you know, the 6'6" kid that transferred from State to Tulane because of the CJL commitment? Well, he has exhausted his eligibility at Tulane, and is looking to transfer using the Graduate Student Exception to the normal transfer rule. The school he's looking into? NC State. Staff feels very highly about him. He is now 6'8" and is a true PF. Doesn't have the raw athleticism as Julius Randle, but he is an upperclassman, and does a ton of other stuff on the court outside of dunking.

Desmond Lee is a JUCO recruit that would replace Purvis. He is a pure two guard that tore up the Jr College circuit averaging 20+ points per game, and hitting over 76% from the foul line. He visited us a few days ago, and we thought we had it in the bag. Didn't get a commitment on the spot, and Lee left to visit Creighton. While at Creighton, though, guard Devin Brooks committed, likely pushing Lee away. This kid will definitely be an instant upgrade from a sophomore Purvis. Update [4/8]: Committed to NC State University.

Petr Herman is a 6'10" Euro prospect that can shoot the 3-ball, post, and handle the rock. Not much movement on him from what I can tell, but he definitely has some talent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjDFCDBCRN8

Finally, recruitment of high school senior Sidy Djitte has picked back up. He is a 6'10", 230 pound product of Fayetteville, NC. Most recruiting services list him as an unranked 3 star recruit. He is definitely raw.

So, after picking up transfer Ralston Turner, signing a 3-man recruiting class, and losing 5 players for various reasons, Gottfried seems be trying to plug holes as fast as he can. We won't be winning the ACC next year, but we will definitely be able to compete with the top half of the league.

Also, make sure to check out Cat Barber tonight on ESPN in the McD's AA game! Heard he has been tearing it up!

**Update: It seems Gottfried is also targeting another regular transfer of "national prominence." That's as much as I know about that. This would be a regular transfer, and thus have to sit for one year. Some rumors that it is Tony Parker.

#2 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Oh yeah and Warren and Lewis are coming back, please post some more "inside information" from your bro's non-nc state fans.

#3 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Oh yeah and Warren and Lewis are coming back, please post some more "inside information" from your bro's non-nc state fans.

huh?

#4 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,759 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

huh?

People were saying Lewis was gonna transfer...

#5 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

yeah, i wouldn't have bought it had purvis not just silenced me by doing so.

news did just break that both tyler and tj are staying. huge news. tjw is gonna put up a ton of points next year.

#6 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

how did I miss this? good write up

oh and GO PACK Posted Image

#7 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Josh Davis, you know, the 6'6" kid that transferred from State to Tulane because of the CJL commitment? Well, he has exhausted his eligibility at Tulane, and is looking to transfer using the Graduate Student Exception to the normal transfer rule. The school he's looking into? NC State. Staff feels very highly about him. He is now 6'8" and is a true PF. Doesn't have the raw athleticism as Julius Randle, but he is an upperclassman, and does a ton of other stuff on the court outside of dunking.

Was wondering about this guy. Haven't seen who he was interested in. Any other schools in the mix?

Would be a very unique situation if he ended up back at State.

I thought Charlotte and ECU might be in the running since both have time to offer at PF and both return 4/5 starters and could be NCAA tournament teams next year; especially with him.

#8 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

Was wondering about this guy. Haven't seen who he was interested in. Any other schools in the mix?

Would be a very unique situation if he ended up back at State.

I thought Charlotte and ECU might be in the running since both have time to offer at PF and both return 4/5 starters and could be NCAA tournament teams next year; especially with him.

charlotte and ecu don't have a chance. there are high major programs interested in davis. he is a legit d-1 starter on most rosters.

#9 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

charlotte and ecu don't have a chance. there are high major programs interested in davis. he is a legit d-1 starter on most rosters.

I hadn't seen any news come out about him or who he was interested in. Many times when players transfer they transfer back closer to home. That's the only reason I thought Charlotte or ECU might have had a shot at him...I never expected him to have interest in going back to State though.

#10 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

I hadn't seen any news come out about him or who he was interested in. Many times when players transfer they transfer back closer to home. That's the only reason I thought Charlotte or ECU might have had a shot at him...I never expected him to have interest in going back to State though.

yeah, i did a little more research and cannot find another case of a transfer out-transfer back situation. it's very odd, but a very real possibility. he would essentially be julius randle 2.1. again, not as much athleticism, but similar size and hustle. better post moves, jump shot, etc.

#11 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Idk if Davis is quite J Randle...Randle is special. But IMO he'd be better for us than Leslie was this year. If we can count on Lewis and Barber to make things go the way Zo did then I like this team as much (maybe more) than I liked last years team if we get Lee and Davis. I think we'd be MUCH better defensively and Davis would provide post scoring that we really need. He's an important recruit for us. If news about Parker is accurate id be pretty excited.

#12 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Idk if Davis is quite J Randle...Randle is special. But IMO he'd be better for us than Leslie was this year. If we can count on Lewis and Barber to make things go the way Zo did then I like this team as much (maybe more) than I liked last years team if we get Lee and Davis. I think we'd be MUCH better defensively and Davis would provide post scoring that we really need. He's an important recruit for us. If news about Parker is accurate id be pretty excited.

Yeah, I didn't mean to say Josh was on Randle's level as far as raw talent. But he is a good basketball player, and will make up for what we lost out on in Randle's raw talents with heady, veteran plays and pure hustle.

BTW, Desmond Lee has committed to NC State University as of today around 2:50 EST.

#13 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Dominoes are starting to fall. Josh Davis is making a "visit" very soon. I say, "visit," because the kid is from here and is very, very familiar with the program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.