Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good Times?

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

From the ultra conservative Washington Post (sarcasm), an ominous sign at just the outset of the debacle called Obamacare. I remember multitudes of times when the left screamed about the right wanting to do terrible things to the elderly. Ahhh, whatever. Let the good times roll.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/03/cancer-clinics-are-turning-away-thousands-of-medicare-patients-blame-the-sequester/

Posted · Report post

What does "Obamacare" have to do with Medicare? This is due to the sequester, which the GOP wanted to happen.

[quote]Cancer clinics across the country have begun turning away thousands of Medicare patients, blaming the sequester budget cuts.[/quote]

Posted · Report post

Please its a stirs thread, facts have no place here

Posted · Report post

I thought this would be a JJ Walker thread. :)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Davidson Deac II' timestamp='1365117433' post='2186323']
I thought this would be a JJ Walker thread. :)
[/quote]

First thing I thought was "Keeping your head above water!..."

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Cary Kollins' timestamp='1365034325' post='2185282']
What does "Obamacare" have to do with Medicare? This is due to the sequester, which the GOP wanted to happen.
[/quote]

GOP allowed Obama to get his way. Sequester was Obama's idea. Why you whining about the GOP allowing Obama's policies to take effect.

Private practices have been taking less and less Medicare patients for years, but this is only going to escalate it due to Obamacare's changes in medicare reimbursements for certain diagnosis codes/tests.

Posted · Report post

I'm curious if anyone know exactly why companies are being very careful not to hire more than 50 employees because of this legislation.

I have talked to a few small business owners who are only hiring contractors and part timers right now.

Posted · Report post

I was hired as a contractor almost 6 years ago by what is probably the BIGGEST COMPANY around. I was brought on full time with others only when it became a company security issue.

Posted · Report post

My insurance coverage at work as of April 1st doubled, yep doubled. Just single coverage for myself. I didn't have this issue before. Anyone care to explain this?

Posted · Report post

You work for a company with an angry Republican running it who wants to make you suffer? Mine went up some but no more than usual.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cookinwithgas' timestamp='1365211629' post='2187375']
You work for a company with an angry Republican running it who wants to make you suffer? Mine went up some but no more than usual.
[/quote]

Wtf?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Priapism' timestamp='1365210768' post='2187370']
My insurance coverage at work as of April 1st doubled, yep doubled. Just single coverage for myself. I didn't have this issue before. Anyone care to explain this?
[/quote]

A lot of companies are increasing the cost of health insurance, or they are going with cheaper plans. Obamacare is not the only reason, but its probably part of the reason. My company went with a HRA. With just me and my son on it, its actually a pretty decent deal, but for larger families, its far more expensive than the *** it replaced. My wife's employer went with a crappy insurance plan that only pays after expenses have reached 3 grand in a year. Its better than nothing I guess. I am considering putting her on my plan next year, just got to sit down one day and figure out if its worth it financially.