43 replies to this topic

#1 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,773 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

From the ultra conservative Washington Post (sarcasm), an ominous sign at just the outset of the debacle called Obamacare. I remember multitudes of times when the left screamed about the right wanting to do terrible things to the elderly. Ahhh, whatever. Let the good times roll.

http://www.washingto...-the-sequester/

#2 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,496 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

What does "Obamacare" have to do with Medicare? This is due to the sequester, which the GOP wanted to happen.

Cancer clinics across the country have begun turning away thousands of Medicare patients, blaming the sequester budget cuts.

#3 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Please its a stirs thread, facts have no place here

#4 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,727 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

I thought this would be a JJ Walker thread. :)

#5 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

I thought this would be a JJ Walker thread. :)

First thing I thought was "Keeping your head above water!..."

#6 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,425 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

What does "Obamacare" have to do with Medicare? This is due to the sequester, which the GOP wanted to happen.

GOP allowed Obama to get his way. Sequester was Obama's idea. Why you whining about the GOP allowing Obama's policies to take effect.

Private practices have been taking less and less Medicare patients for years, but this is only going to escalate it due to Obamacare's changes in medicare reimbursements for certain diagnosis codes/tests.

#7 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

I'm curious if anyone know exactly why companies are being very careful not to hire more than 50 employees because of this legislation.

I have talked to a few small business owners who are only hiring contractors and part timers right now.

#8 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

I was hired as a contractor almost 6 years ago by what is probably the BIGGEST COMPANY around. I was brought on full time with others only when it became a company security issue.

#9 Datawire

Datawire

• ALL-PRO
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

My insurance coverage at work as of April 1st doubled, yep doubled. Just single coverage for myself. I didn't have this issue before. Anyone care to explain this?

#10 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

You work for a company with an angry Republican running it who wants to make you suffer? Mine went up some but no more than usual.

#11 Datawire

Datawire

• ALL-PRO
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

You work for a company with an angry Republican running it who wants to make you suffer? Mine went up some but no more than usual.

Wtf?

#12 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,727 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

My insurance coverage at work as of April 1st doubled, yep doubled. Just single coverage for myself. I didn't have this issue before. Anyone care to explain this?

A lot of companies are increasing the cost of health insurance, or they are going with cheaper plans. Obamacare is not the only reason, but its probably part of the reason. My company went with a HRA. With just me and my son on it, its actually a pretty decent deal, but for larger families, its far more expensive than the *** it replaced. My wife's employer went with a crappy insurance plan that only pays after expenses have reached 3 grand in a year. Its better than nothing I guess. I am considering putting her on my plan next year, just got to sit down one day and figure out if its worth it financially.

#13 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Wtf?

OK, maybe your boss just doesn't like you personally?

#14 Datawire

Datawire

• ALL-PRO
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

A lot of companies are increasing the cost of health insurance, or they are going with cheaper plans. Obamacare is not the only reason, but its probably part of the reason. My company went with a HRA. With just me and my son on it, its actually a pretty decent deal, but for larger families, its far more expensive than the *** it replaced. My wife's employer went with a crappy insurance plan that only pays after expenses have reached 3 grand in a year. Its better than nothing I guess. I am considering putting her on my plan next year, just got to sit down one day and figure out if its worth it financially.

Thanks, that's interesting.

Just wondering who else is up against this issue. I mean, after the fica increase, tax hike, and the amount I already pay as a single man in payroll tax is outrageous! Now this insurace increase? Goddamnit man.

Why do single Men bear a stronger tax burdon than those that are married, or have children? If anything, I should be a lessor burdon. So, fug it, take my money because I am single to reward others for bad decisons. Obama or not, something has got to give.

Hey CWG, I don't know you and I like the cut of your jib. But you can blow me pal.

#15 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,727 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Fwiw, I didn't pay much in the way of taxes when I was single, but that is because I was in the military and didn't make that much to begin with.

But the fax code is designed to encourage you to get married, have kids, and buy a house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com