Good Times?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 Datawire

Datawire

• ALL-PRO
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

Fwiw, I didn't pay much in the way of taxes when I was single, but that is because I was in the military and didn't make that much to begin with.

But the fax code is designed to encourage you to get married, have kids, and buy a house.

Understood. And the architects involved in that design should be contrite. This is supposed to be the "right" thing to do in America? fug that.

When is the last time you have ever looked at a Man's paycheck that does not have kids, and is not married? My guess is not lately. You guys would be pissed at what is going on here.

#17 Datawire

Datawire

• ALL-PRO
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Furthermore, why is it everyone has this notion of getting married and having kids? I suppose I get it, it's the way things are done, yeah? Good for you, I mean that. Live it up! It's funny though, I always hear my friends say, well if I had it to do all over again, I would'nt have kids, OOOOHHH but dont get me wrong, I love my kids.

Not me, I have no desire to have kids, or even marriage. There is nothing a solid man will benifit from marriage in my opinion, the risk is way too high.

So I make a lifestyle decision of not having kids, no marriage, and getting laid any time I want. And I get taxed for it. A fuging sex tax! Can you believe that?

By the way, this FUG censoring thing, just makes people say the word fug when they read it.

#18 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,320 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

I think that's actually a good decision for you, after reading that post

#19 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Furthermore, why is it everyone has this notion of getting married and having kids? I suppose I get it, it's the way things are done, yeah? Good for you, I mean that. Live it up! It's funny though, I always hear my friends say, well if I had it to do all over again, I would'nt have kids, OOOOHHH but dont get me wrong, I love my kids.

Not me, I have no desire to have kids, or even marriage. There is nothing a solid man will benifit from marriage in my opinion, the risk is way too high.

So I make a lifestyle decision of not having kids, no marriage, and getting laid any time I want. And I get taxed for it. A fuging sex tax! Can you believe that?

By the way, this FUG censoring thing, just makes people say the word fug when they read it.

Well procreation is something that is hardwired into the vast majority of humans. Marriage is a societal thing.

#20 Datawire

Datawire

• ALL-PRO
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

I think that's actually a good decision for you, after reading that post

Oh, why yes it is. I wouldn't want to foster a child with dissapointing results such as this comment, would I?

#21 Datawire

Datawire

• ALL-PRO
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

Well procreation is something that is hardwired into the vast majority of humans. Marriage is a societal thing.

Agreed. It is.
However, if someone goes against the grain of the social norm of marriage and kids, we have issues. Why tax me for it?

#22 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:23 AM

Agreed. It is.
However, if someone goes against the grain of the social norm of marriage and kids, we have issues. Why tax me for it?

You aren't being taxed for it so much as you're deciding not to take advantage of a break.

#23 Datawire

Datawire

• ALL-PRO
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

You aren't being taxed for it so much as you're deciding not to take advantage of a break.

Hmm get Married for a tax incentive, I'll pass. All the reason to get married, yeah? Do you know what divorce would cost? The emotional toll is just as high as the financial toll. Well, maybe not that much.

I am not picking on you BBQ but I am absolutely amazed by that kind of mentality. Getting married, or having kids for tax breaks? This is foreign to me. Why, why would a man of self worth consider this a good idea? Joint checking accounts, shared incomes, the moment you get married you have just formed a corporation. You get a pretty little embossed seal on a state certificate to prove it. In a court of law no less. It is now set in stone, in state stone actually. What you owned, previously and currently, is now community property.

Say it doesn't work out. Now what? You are fuged because the court system is biased. How much does that cost? I'm not sure but everyone tells me it is astronomical. And I hear it's worth it.

That tax break you are talking about, nah I'm gonna ride this single thing out.

#24 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

Hmm get Married for a tax incentive, I'll pass. All the reason to get married, yeah? Do you know what divorce would cost? The emotional toll is just as high as the financial toll. Well, maybe not that much.

I am not picking on you BBQ but I am absolutely amazed by that kind of mentality. Getting married, or having kids for tax breaks? This is foreign to me. Why, why would a man of self worth consider this a good idea? Joint checking accounts, shared incomes, the moment you get married you have just formed a corporation. You get a pretty little embossed seal on a state certificate to prove it. In a court of law no less. It is now set in stone, in state stone actually. What you owned, previously and currently, is now community property.

Say it doesn't work out. Now what? You are fuged because the court system is biased. How much does that cost? I'm not sure but everyone tells me it is astronomical. And I hear it's worth it.

That tax break you are talking about, nah I'm gonna ride this single thing out.

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear at all. I am in no way saying that someone should get married & have kids for the tax break.

I'm just saying that you aren't being targeted to pay more taxes, you just aren't taking advantage of the breaks because you see them as being more trouble than they're worth. Similar to the way I'm not being targeted to pay more taxes on our condo in Tallahassee. Sure a couple months rent would pay the taxes for the year & the rest would fatten our bank account, but one bad tenant could cost 3 times that. Thus it sits empty & we pay about a grand a year until we can get a decent price.

I got married & had a kid because I wanted to & found the right person.

#25 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,876 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

Several things

First, I think the lines now will always be blurred between sequester and Obamacare and is the main reason the President went down this path. Anything good, he and his team will attribute to his namesake, anything painful or controversial, sequester. His biggest gift was the sequester.

Second, to Priapism. I understand your lack of enthusiasm for taxes, etc. Obamacare says that even if you have little risk of getting sick, you still need to pitch in for the good of others. This has a lot to do with providing goodies for votes. Both sides try to pitch their giveaways to secure power. This is the reason I think a flat tax will never happen even though it would be best. How could our great leaders manipulate us for votes if not through the threats of higher taxes or tax breaks or giveaways.

Thirdly, no offense, but you sound like one who was head over heels about a chick who dumped him after being together for several years. A man scorned, if you will. It might not be the case at all, but normally, people don't have such disdain for marriage and kids without something precipitating those feelings. Things might settle a bit for you in the next year or so, but the taxes will go on forever.

#26 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

I have to agree with Priapism. "Notion of equality? Irrelevant when it comes to tax breaks, marriage and kids. Homosexuality? Corporate community benefit? Affordable housing? Education? Medical history? Environmentally friendly motivators? Drugs and alcohol? Addiction? Income? Yeah... all those are fine with respect to what can be considered to use the morality bludgeon in the form of the tax code. You'll just have to trust the majoritarian tyranny when it comes to knowing what is best for you."

#27 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Several things

First, I think the lines now will always be blurred between sequester and Obamacare and is the main reason the President went down this path. Anything good, he and his team will attribute to his namesake, anything painful or controversial, sequester. His biggest gift was the sequester.

Second, to Priapism. I understand your lack of enthusiasm for taxes, etc. Obamacare says that even if you have little risk of getting sick, you still need to pitch in for the good of others. This has a lot to do with providing goodies for votes. Both sides try to pitch their giveaways to secure power. This is the reason I think a flat tax will never happen even though it would be best. How could our great leaders manipulate us for votes if not through the threats of higher taxes or tax breaks or giveaways.

Thirdly, no offense, but you sound like one who was head over heels about a chick who dumped him after being together for several years. A man scorned, if you will. It might not be the case at all, but normally, people don't have such disdain for marriage and kids without something precipitating those feelings. Things might settle a bit for you in the next year or so, but the taxes will go on forever.

1st the medicare cuts that are causing the problem right now is because of the sequester. It isn't a grey area.

2nd people don't just go to the hospital when they are sick and people with insurance were the ones picking up the tab when those you think "have little risk of getting sick" actually did get sick or had a catastrophic medical event.

#28 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,320 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Oh, why yes it is. I wouldn't want to foster a child with dissapointing results such as this comment, would I?

Luckily you had parents who overlooked these types of results.

#29 Datawire

Datawire

• ALL-PRO
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

No offense taken. I am quite used to it, this is the go to school of thought that most people like to use to reason what they don't fully understand, or care to even understand. I get it. Most people follow the trend of wanting to get married and have children and that's lovely. Those that don't want to apply knee jerk reasoning behind it without ever giving it a second thought.

As I said previously I have made a lifestyle choice, a concious choice. Why is this so hard to believe without applying a nonesensical thereputic answer? I suppose this is just what people do. Regardless I am as happy as I can ever be with myself, me, who I am and the choice I have made. I can do what i want, who i want, with whoever i want, as much as I want, anytime i want. Life is good.

Until I get my check an realize how much I getting fuged because I am not married or have children. Why do I get to bear the higher tax burdon? This is a real discrimination issue that no one says anything about. Paying more for health insurance, car insurance, don't get the same kind of tax breaks, paying higher taxes. Mortgage brokers want to pass right over me and even sometimes rental offices. And I am a sucessfull guy! Oh and where does my SS go if god forbid I don't make it to that age?

By the way the marriage rate in this country is rapidly declining. I am willing to bet over half of the current marriages end in divorce. Want to guess why?

#30 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

No offense taken. I am quite used to it, this is the go to school of thought that most people like to use to reason what they don't fully understand, or care to even understand. I get it. Most people follow the trend of wanting to get married and have children and that's lovely. Those that don't want to apply knee jerk reasoning behind it without ever giving it a second thought.

As I said previously I have made a lifestyle choice, a concious choice. Why is this so hard to believe without applying a nonesensical thereputic answer? I suppose this is just what people do. Regardless I am as happy as I can ever be with myself, me, who I am and the choice I have made. I can do what i want, who i want, with whoever i want, as much as I want, anytime i want. Life is good.

Just for the record I back him on the above. I know a fair number of people with his mentality & with one exception, none of them afaik none arrived at that decision by being bitter & jilted. (Full disclosure: There should be 2 IMO but then the second is that army buddy I've mentioned that won the lottery & I'm gonna go out on a limb & say that winning $34 mil a few weeks after the divorce is final heals a fug ton of wounds)

Until I get my check an realize how much I getting fuged because I am not married or have children. Why do I get to bear the higher tax burdon? This is a real discrimination issue that no one says anything about. Paying more for health insurance, car insurance, don't get the same kind of tax breaks, paying higher taxes. Mortgage brokers want to pass right over me and even sometimes rental offices. And I am a sucessfull guy! Oh and where does my SS go if god forbid I don't make it to that age?

Again, I don't see it as the IRS targeting you... but if you insist... You're gonna be paying taxes into the system for what? Another 20-30 years? Well so am I, & odds are, my son will put another 35+ years in, so its like they're splitting the difference.

As far as mortgage, rental, insurance, etc... they see people who are married with kids as stable & predictable, thus a safer bet.

By the way the marriage rate in this country is rapidly declining. I am willing to bet over half of the current marriages end in divorce. Want to guess why?

Because they either got married too young or they caved to societal pressure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com