#31 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,724 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

The sequester us 100% on Obana, no matter how much the Dens want to debt it.

Obana got tax increases last year with one caveat....the spending cuts were to come by a specific date., or a sequester would happen.

He tried to back out of the cuts, and the Republicans called him on it.

He believed that he could make a promise and then have the Republuxans back down when he decided to void said promise.

Guy is a liar, a cheat, and a buffoon.

#32 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

The sequester us 100% on Obana, no matter how much the Dens want to debt it.

Obana got tax increases last year with one caveat....the spending cuts were to come by a specific date., or a sequester would happen.

He tried to back out of the cuts, and the Republicans called him on it.

He believed that he could make a promise and then have the Republuxans back down when he decided to void said promise.

Guy is a liar, a cheat, and a buffoon.

Wanna post some citations for that, or are your research skills as crappy as your spelling?

#33 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Thats real interesting Mad, as I can remember him offering spending cuts and tax increases. I do however, know that Republicans said no the combination of cuts and new revenue, which every economist not associated with Paul Ryans infantile dreams agrees are needed.

#34 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,724 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Wanna post some citations for that, or are your research skills as crappy as your spelling?

I was posting on an iPhone....so who gives two shits about spelling on an internet message board.

So, you can just keep your opinion and your 85 IQ to yourself.

#35 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,724 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

Thats real interesting Mad, as I can remember him offering spending cuts and tax increases. I do however, know that Republicans said no the combination of cuts and new revenue, which every economist not associated with Paul Ryans infantile dreams agrees are needed.

The cuts that Obama has ever proposed are not even enough to be a drop in the bucket. This country has a MASSIVE spending issue.

His proposal is like having to put $5,000 per month on a credit card because you cannot afford your bills.....but offering to stop buying a newspaper on Mondays. The amount does not even equal the other increases that he has proposed.

Again....we have a MASSIVE spending issue. Not a revenue issue.

#36 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

I was posting on an iPhone....

Neat! I'm posting from a razr.

so who gives two shits about spelling on an internet message board.

Very few people. I just figured I'd give you an out when you realized you couldn't back up the idiotic claims you made... You're welcome.

So, you can just keep your opinion and your 85 IQ to yourself.

Oh my IQ is quite a bit higher than 85. Otherwise I wouldn't know the difference between opinion ( this is all Obama's fault!) & fact ( you didn't back up your argument).

#37 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

The cuts that Obama has ever proposed are not even enough to be a drop in the bucket. This country has a MASSIVE spending issue.

His proposal is like having to put $5,000 per month on a credit card because you cannot afford your bills.....but offering to stop buying a newspaper on Mondays. The amount does not even equal the other increases that he has proposed.

OK, I see then he did propose spending cuts, you just wanted to lie about it thanks.

#38 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Neat! I'm posting from a razr.

you win by default.

#39 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,337 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

It is really both. Deficit spending is not the worst thing and even Republicans have finally admitted that we don't have an immediate debt crisis. And it is generally easier and better for the economy to raise revenue and taxes than it is to cut spending. Which is why real spending cuts are so hard and impossible to get done.

#40 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,724 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

OK, I see then he did propose spending cuts, you just wanted to lie about it thanks.

The minor spending cuts that he proposed are not even close to being meaningful....you know and I know it.

#41 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,724 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

It is really both. Deficit spending is not the worst thing and even Republicans have finally admitted that we don't have an immediate debt crisis. And it is generally easier and better for the economy to raise revenue and taxes than it is to cut spending. Which is why real spending cuts are so hard and impossible to get done.

I agree with you that it is a lot easier to raise taxes than to cut spending....expecially when it comes to the Dems. Piss off 5-10% of the population with tax increases to increase the entitlement spending that now goes into the pockets of nearly 50% of the American population.

But, that does not make it the right solution.

Our spending is out of control....and getting worse. Cuts should be made across the board....which is what the sequester is forcing.

#42 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Our spending is out of control....and getting worse. Cuts should be made across the board....which is what the sequester is forcing.

So... you like the sequester, and you give Obama 100% of the responsibility for it.

Are you an Obama supporter now?

#43 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

What exactly makes anyone think that a raise in taxes will be accompanied by a cut in spending? Has a cut in federal spending actually happened in the past century?

#44 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,629 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Fwiw, I do believe that we should raise taxes, at least until the budget is balanced or close to it. But imo, tax increases should be across the board. Everyone should pay something.

And we should also cut spending across the board, even in sacred areas like medicare, medicaid, and defense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com