38 replies to this topic

#1 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,551 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Hixon was the ultimate complementary receiver for the New York Giants, repeatedly stepping in with productive efforts when other receivers fell to injury. In the past five seasons, he only has four games with a grade worse than -1.0.

Interesting stat.
https://www.profootb...ree-agent-team/

#2 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

good stuff

#3 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

I posted it awhile back...but I would LOVE a 1 yr deal for Richard Seymour to come back home. Draft a WR and S in the first two rounds.

#4 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

poo man avoiding those -1 games is hard!!!

wait, what does that mean? god, pff is such a shitty site. their grading is beyond stupid and completely lacks context.

#5 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

I posted it awhile back...but I would LOVE a 1 yr deal for Richard Seymour to come back home. Draft a WR and S in the first two rounds.

agreed with all of that.

#6 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,790 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

This must be what Gettleman meant by saying he was going to fill the back of the roster

it's the only thing he can do anyway since Hurney left him with nothing to work with

#7 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

But Peter King said....................................

#8 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

poo man avoiding those -1 games is hard!!!

wait, what does that mean? god, pff is such a shitty site. their grading is beyond stupid and completely lacks context.

Well someone doesn't like advanced statistics.

#9 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

Seymour went to Lower Richland HS in Columbia, (so did ex pats wr David Patten) he's not from Charlotte.

#10 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

Seymour went to Lower Richland HS in Columbia, (so did ex pats wr David Patten) he's not from Charlotte.

Mike Tolbert went to Coastal....he wasn't from Charlotte either. Charlotte is home vs Oak for a kid from the Columbia area

#11 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

Mike Tolbert went to Coastal....he wasn't from Charlotte either. Charlotte is home vs Oak for a kid from the Columbia area

It's true I just wanted to be a smart ass.

#12 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

Well someone doesn't like advanced statistics.

sorry for brief sidetrack:

there is no statistic that tells a story without context. no matter how objectively and/or abstractly you grade a play, it does not happen in a vacuum. PFF writers continually quote their all-encompassing score for players' seasons, games, in relation to what roles they should play, what money they should get in FA, and so on. they are doing their own hard work a disservice by not trying to interpret their findings beyond "5.0 is better than -1.3" type fingerpainting. advanced models in other sports are usually cast in context by writers in much more illuminating ways than PFF does. i would love for them to realize this, because they have a lot of people's attention right now with the grading they do.

#13 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

Seymour is still out there? Why don't we offer a contract for like 2 years 5 mill? Can't hurt, hes def WORTH that kind of money. Anything more though? Eh, I dunno.

#14 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,372 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

When someone suggested a DT and a safety in another thread you argued it did nothing to fix the OL. Neither does this, no?

#15 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,270 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

When someone suggested a DT and a safety in another thread you argued it did nothing to fix the OL. Neither does this, no?

Someone suggested we win the division with a DT and S.....we need better OL play than 2012 to win the division (and Kalil alone coming back doesn't fix that)

I do not want to draft OL in this draft (not high). We still need to address G play in FA and likely RT as well...but definitely G play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com