Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanna know the cap space anytime..now you can!

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Fantastic link. thank you sir.

Posted

Oh wait, this wouldn't even include the 2.8 mil from Anderson!

Posted

Damn, the Rams only have 500K........................and they are the Rams. Damn.

Posted

Oh wait, this wouldn't even include the 2.8 mil from Anderson!

Yep, not until June 1. And according to Spotrac it'd be $3 mil.

Also, in comparing the salaries on Spotrac with the remaining cap space - assuming the numbers on both are accurate - it means the cap hits of Ginn, Hixon, Mitchell, Edwards, and Blackburn combined are just under $4 mil. this year.

Posted

I assume this doesn't include Hixon since the signings aren't usually official for a couple of days.

Posted

Fair point, I just saw the "updated every four hours" and jumped the gun a bit.

EDIT: Though I question the "50 current contracts part," since we definitely have over 51 under contract.

Posted

i had a link for it a few years back and then the nflpa shut off access.

thanks for posting that.

Ditto. Hated when they blocked it.

Posted

Fair point, I just saw the "updated every four hours" and jumped the gun a bit.

EDIT: Though I question the "50 current contracts part," since we definitely have over 51 under contract.

They don't count Fua, Clausen, or Armanti because they suck ass so hard.

Posted

ok so if the NFL cap is $123 million, how does a team like Denver have $131? and Carolina is at $120 but yet still have $6 million in cap space. None of this makes much sense to me.

Posted

ok so if the NFL cap is $123 million, how does a team like Denver have $131? and Carolina is at $120 but yet still have $6 million in cap space. None of this makes much sense to me.

Just a guess as I have no clue really but maybe it has something to do with rookies and their cap numbers and/or how they fit into the cap of the rest of the roster. Anyone care to explain this?

Posted

This is awesome, good look.

Posted

This year's cap is $123 million, but teams also have the option to carry over unused cap space from the previous year. The Team Cap number is the $123m + the carryover amount which is listed in the "Previous Year Carryover" column. Our carryover was like $3.65m, so our cap is about $126.65m. The Rams only carried over $250k, and the Eagles somehow carried over $23m, it's unique for each team.