Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is where some of the taxes on your phone bill go

22 posts in this topic

Posted

I have 0 problem helping people in need. I think most americans are that way. the thing is the gov't gets in the way, takes our money and does a pooty job distributing it out to those in need.

Bravo

/end tinderbox forum

Posted

Great...free cellphones for fishermen with drinking problems and smokes.

That's bound to have ROI.

Posted

How do we know he's not a volunteer at the kitchen just taking a pic?

Oh yeah, he's black. Sorry.

You'll note that I said "IF" in my post, I hope.

Posted

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

If that only were a true quote from Thomas Jefferson it alone would label that man as a genius.

Posted

If that only were a true quote from Thomas Jefferson it alone would label that man as a genius.

was it made up and credited to him? i wouldn't be shocked

Posted

was it made up and credited to him? i wouldn't be shocked

I believe so, I heard it once on a radio talk show and looked it up because it sounded so perfect. I don't believe it has ever shown up in any of his writings but was just credited to him.

Posted

I believe so, I heard it once on a radio talk show and looked it up because it sounded so perfect. I don't believe it has ever shown up in any of his writings but was just credited to him.

typical. kinda like Jesus and "let him who is without sin cast the first stone".

Posted

Another quote falsely attributed to Jefferson...

"Dammit, Weezy...we ain't hangin' out with no whiteys!"

Posted

I don't buy a lot of what they're selling... even a deactivated cell-phone, if powered on, can dial 911... so, the premise for this gov't subsidized tracfone service for emergency purposes makes no sense to me

Posted

What I found is it's unproven...

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-Unproven! This quote was not found in the Jeffersonian Cyclopedia but several people have attributed this to Jefferson. This is still under investigation.