Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Voter ID bill to be filed Thursday

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Way to focus on the absurb conclusion...keep reading the thread Delhommey. You sound like a CWG/Panthro-clone.

If the iris scans to vote were somehow linked to outstanding warrant LEA systems, I could see that as a potential 5th amendment violation. But only because of the carrying out of another civil right are you incriminating yourself. Something like scanning driver's licenses to track potential probation violators would not be as there is no civil right infringement. IMO...

Posted

Not sure how we got from showing ID to retinal scans... but ok...

Those old ladies at my polling place can't TYPE ON A COMPUTER. How are they going run a retinal scan machine???

Posted

Not sure how we got from showing ID to retinal scans... but ok...

Those old ladies at my polling place can't TYPE ON A COMPUTER. How are they going run a retinal scan machine???

Joking around...article mentioned studies into facial recognition software. I simply would put more trust in iris scanning, but it's not even part of this bill.

Posted

g5 did you seriously just go from defending some crazy idea of your own to claiming it was a joke when you realized how outlandish it was right now?

i don't understand how people can be opposed to things like a registry of guns but perfectly A-Okay with a government controlled database of pictures that enable quick access to facial recognition software.

Posted

He does it a lot.

Posted

g5 did you seriously just go from defending some crazy idea of your own to claiming it was a joke when you realized how outlandish it was right now?

i don't understand how people can be opposed to things like a registry of guns but perfectly A-Okay with a government controlled database of pictures that enable quick access to facial recognition software.

Government already has a database of pictures that could be used for quick access from facial recognition software. It's called the DMV.

Posted

We are for smaller gov intervention in life except in your doctors office, your vagina, your love life, and IDs or retinal scanners to vote, a state religion,

Posted

i wonder how much all this would cost to implement compared to the good it would accomplish. given the eye-poppingly low instances of voter fraud wouldn't this be one of those bullshit wasteful spending big government programs the tea party conservatives love to get all red in the face about?

Posted

How many instances of voter fraud are people content with.

Posted

Quit trying to frame the argument as though people are "content" with it. It's a question of cost versus demonstrable necessity and as it stands there is a massively imbalance between the two.

Posted

"would you rather pass voter ID laws or let the holocaust happen to puppies and kittens? which side of this totally not false dichotomy do YOU fall on?"

Posted

"would you rather pass voter ID laws or let the holocaust happen to puppies and kittens? which side of this totally not false dichotomy do YOU fall on?"

Voter id law intent is to prevent any voter fraud from going on. There is no false dichotomy or killing of pets. Liberals use this angle of argument when it comes to things like gun control. "How many children must die before sensible gun legislation is passed". They put pictures of murdered children on magazines.

Don't like the same strategy used from the other direction?

Just respond to the question. How many instances are acceptable.

Also...there are borderline 3rd world countries with better means of voter identification and tabulation than we have in some areas of the US.