18 replies to this topic

#16 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Fundy Atheists are the bees knees...I bet you sounded the same and spoke with such certainty when you were a fundy christian

I'm not certain about much of anything but I sure love name calling.

I'm not sure what a fundy atheist is but If pointing out inconsistencies in beliefs is being a fundy then I guess that's what I am. You apathetic conformist.

#17 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

http://www.wsav.com/...segregated-prom

Just kidding.

I saw this on the news last night and just dropped my head and thought, " delhommey is gonna bust some balls on this one." Have at it! I won't say a word this time!

#18 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,747 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

I'm not certain about much of anything but I sure love name calling.

I'm not sure what a fundy atheist is but If pointing out inconsistencies in beliefs is being a fundy then I guess that's what I am. You apathetic conformist.

Merely observations...

You have said you were a fundy christian growing up (I wasnt name calling I just hate typing fundamentalist) and if you were you believed in things with an absolute certainty. Like they were facts.

Now you speak with the same certainty even though nothing has changed but your beliefs. Which is fine. You just flipped your beliefs but retained that firebranded fundamentalism that you grew up with,

#19 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Merely observations...

You have said you were a fundy christian growing up (I wasnt name calling I just hate typing fundamentalist) and if you were you believed in things with an absolute certainty. Like they were facts.

Now you speak with the same certainty even though nothing has changed but your beliefs. Which is fine. You just flipped your beliefs but retained that firebranded fundamentalism that you grew up with,

You're using the term fundamentalist incorrectly.

a movement in 20th century Protestantism emphasizing the literally interpreted Bible as fundamental to Christian life and teaching

b : the beliefs of this movement

c : adherence to such beliefs

: a movement or attitude stressing strict and literal adherence to a set of basic principles

People who don't believe things with absolutely certainty are typically called agnostic not fundies and that is how I classify myself, as an agnostic.

All that being said, you're original point doesn't make much sense. How is pointing out inconsistencies in a belief mean that I'm claiming I believe in something with absolute certainty. That's not a logical conclusion that you're coming to, you're kind of jumping around all over the place and using words that don't make any sense in your context.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com