Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you trade up for Star Lotulelei?

77 posts in this topic

Posted

Trade down into the early 20's and gain a third. Then go get Allen, Patterson or Austin, whoever is left with your 20-something.

Trading up is just not a possibility this year with only 5 picks.

Posted

If Star reaches pick 9 or 10. Absolutely I would be calling for a trade up. He would solidify the middle of our defense for 10 years. He is worth moviing up 4 or 5 spots for.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes. Our front 7 would be so killer!

Posted

No offense but you aren't exactly unbiased when it comes to this guy.

I'm sorry but any scenario involving trading any of next years picks away when we only have 5 this year is simply unacceptable and addition by subtraction. We aren't the Raiders.

You're right, we're not the Raiders. If we were we'd be looking at taking Tavon Austin, Patterson or Ryan Swope with our 1st. Hopefully we're not that foolish.

Posted

No i would rather trade down for anything + Short.

Posted

Anything can happen. Gettleman is a very good evaluator of talent and has made moves to shore up our depth. The biggest needs are OL and DL right now. He is working very hard to put us in a position to take BPA. If Star is our target, he will try to make it happen. Not by trading away picks, but by possibly trading a player (D-will). G-man is the MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Not a fan of trading up this draft.

Trading down, on the other hand...

Posted

No. I just don't think he's worth it, even if we had the ammo.

Posted

No. Although what if he was available when the Dolphins pick and we fear the Bucs may get him, maybe trade next years 4th to move up 2 spots?

Posted

No. This draft is too deep in our positions of need to move up. If anything, I'd move back.

Posted

Not this year, if we only had one, two or maybe even three holes to fill, I could consider it but we have like 8 holes to fill.

Posted

Trading up is something smart teams are more likely to do when they're just "a player away".

That's not our situation right now. Far from it, sadly :(