• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#31 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

No on going up for a DT. I might consider moving up to get Gross's replacement but that is it. That wouldn't even be a certain this year either.

#32 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,236 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Your name doesn't happen to be Marty Hurney does it? Please step away from the keyboard.

#33 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,779 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

that would be a horrible start ti the gettleman draft era. as good as star might be, he's nowhere near worth giving up a first next year and/or one of the few draft picks we have.

I'm just not nearly that enamored with him.

no more mortgaging the future please. thanks

#34 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

Nick Fairly. /end thread.

#35 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

that would be a horrible start ti the gettleman draft era. as good as star might be, he's nowhere near worth giving up a first next year and/or one of the few draft picks we have.

I'm just not nearly that enamored with him.

no more mortgaging the future please. thanks

I don't think they're talking about trading for an additional 1st this year to take him, they're talking about trading up from our #14. To trade up 2 or 3 spots might only cost next year's 3rd or 4th + a late rounder. Well worth it for Star.

All this talk of "no DTs in the 1st" is ridiculous. Our defense has been hamstrung by poor talent in the middle for years now thanks to that mindset. What have all these 3rd round DTs we've taken done for us? Absolutely nothing. We've gotten far more out of our late round "skill position" picks than DTs. Captain and Lafell for example.

#36 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,236 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

I don't think they're talking about trading for an additional 1st this year to take him, they're talking about trading up from our #14. To trade up 2 or 3 spots might only cost next year's 3rd or 4th + a late rounder. Well worth it for Star.

All this talk of "no DTs in the 1st" is ridiculous. Our defense has been hamstrung by poor talent in the middle for years now thanks to that mindset. What have all these 3rd round DTs we've taken done for us? Absolutely nothing. We've gotten far more out of our late round "skill position" picks than DTs. Captain and Lafell for example.

No offense but you aren't exactly unbiased when it comes to this guy.

I'm sorry but any scenario involving trading any of next years picks away when we only have 5 this year is simply unacceptable and addition by subtraction. We aren't the Raiders.

#37 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,149 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Trade down into the early 20's and gain a third. Then go get Allen, Patterson or Austin, whoever is left with your 20-something.

Trading up is just not a possibility this year with only 5 picks.

#38 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

If Star reaches pick 9 or 10. Absolutely I would be calling for a trade up. He would solidify the middle of our defense for 10 years. He is worth moviing up 4 or 5 spots for.

#39 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,146 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

Yes. Our front 7 would be so killer!

#40 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

No offense but you aren't exactly unbiased when it comes to this guy.

I'm sorry but any scenario involving trading any of next years picks away when we only have 5 this year is simply unacceptable and addition by subtraction. We aren't the Raiders.

You're right, we're not the Raiders. If we were we'd be looking at taking Tavon Austin, Patterson or Ryan Swope with our 1st. Hopefully we're not that foolish.

#41 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

No i would rather trade down for anything + Short.

#42 catnip

catnip

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Anything can happen. Gettleman is a very good evaluator of talent and has made moves to shore up our depth. The biggest needs are OL and DL right now. He is working very hard to put us in a position to take BPA. If Star is our target, he will try to make it happen. Not by trading away picks, but by possibly trading a player (D-will). G-man is the MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

#43 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,490 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Not a fan of trading up this draft.

Trading down, on the other hand...

#44 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,133 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

No. I just don't think he's worth it, even if we had the ammo.

#45 Sod

Sod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

No. Although what if he was available when the Dolphins pick and we fear the Bucs may get him, maybe trade next years 4th to move up 2 spots?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.