Photo
- - - - -

Would you trade up for Star Lotulelei?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#73 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

you can't spell Mayock without MC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

PFT's latest mock actually has Lotulelei falling to us. They have the Eagles taking Sheldon Richardson at #4.

Other picks of interest:

Luke Joeckel #1 to the Chiefs
Chance Warmack #8 to the Bills
Cordarrelle Patterson #9 to the Jets
Keenen Allen #11 to the Chargers
Eric Fisher #12 to the Dolphins
Tavon Austin #13 to the Bucs (good grief, I'd hate that :( ).

Kenny Vacarro, Jonathan Cooper and Lane Johnson are among those who fall past our pick in this model.

Should probably mention that Mike Florio's skill as a mock drafter is, shall we say, suspect.

Look no further than Keenan Allen at 11 with Fisher and Johnson on the board.

As for Star, should the 3 LTs be gone before 11, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Star ends up in San Diego

#74 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

are my eyes playing tricks on me or does that mock have sheldon richardson going at #4?

It's Florio.

He's not exactly an accomplished draftnik.

#75 jungleking

jungleking

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

The best teams in the league are patient, and concern themselves with building the entirety of the roster. They don't get caught up in little things like worrying about a single rookie going to a division rival. I sincerely hope that the Panthers start to take the same tact.

#76 bigdog10

bigdog10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

I'll add to the post above mine, that the best teams also seem to favor trading down than trading up.

When we were considered a very competitive team in the mid 2000's it came off a couple trade down scenarios in which we picked up a solid player (Jon Beason) and additional picks. Fast forward a couple years when Marty and crew went into panic mode and began trading away future first for guys who they thought could contribute to win now and look where it has landed us. We've been scraping the bottom ever since.

I don't have a problem with teams trading up for guys, provided thier team is already solid and they have the means to do so. However, trading away future firsts is a no-no moving forward with this franchise.

#77 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Nope, not for any DT.