Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What QB great does Cam's stat's mirror almost perfectly ?

45 posts in this topic

Posted

i take it you didn't actually read the OP. just jumped to conclusions....literally.

Actually, I did read the full article. Stats don't mean much and even less when you pick & choose what numbers are used. Comparisons mean even less.

Just giving a first-hand account of how Kelly was viewed by Bills fans. I don't get that Cam is thought of the same way by Panthers fans.

I don't jump, let alone to conclusions.

Posted

Cunningham 87-92

Posted

I think McNair more preceded Rothlesraper than Cam. Cam, with all due respect to McNair, is more dynamic.

Posted

Cunningham 87-92

BECAUSE HE IS BLACK RIGHT???

Posted

Very interesting.

Posted

Steve McNair anyone??

McNair was a better passer than Newton is.

Cunningham 87-92

Newton is a better passer than Cunningham was.

Posted

Style wise he's a better match to Brett Favre.

I've been making this comparison for a while now. When I see Cam I see Favre.

Posted

I know this is premature, but, even if Cam only averages his first two years. He will be HOF. He may fall a tad short in passing stats. But the rushing yards and total TDs, which is big by the way, will put him in a totally new category.

He is still the prototype. He will always be first to accomplish, or do, something amazing. Let's hope SBs are in his future, cuz if he wins some of those it will be hard to dispel his legacy.

Been a Lions fan a looooong time. Finally have a franchise QB. Still a crappy team. Been a Panther fan since day one. Have had 3 Franchise QBs, with their current one leading to a bright future. Talk about two sides of a coin.

Posted

McNair was a better passer than Newton is.

Newton is a better passer than Cunningham was.

Even when he was throwing 20+ TDs each year between 87-92? (1 year being 30)

As a side note he also ran between 500-950 yards each year between 87-92 as well.

There's no other QB that I can think of that can closely resemble Cam as much as Cunningham back then.