Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever reached a point where you were actually going to switch teams?

114 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm 18 and I've been a Panthers fan since 2002 and I have never wanted to switch on the Panthers but

I was just curious to know if any of you guys have?

Posted

I couldn't understand someone wanting to switch their fandom. I wish the Panthers were a dominant team but it has zero effect on my self-esteem, so no matter how bad they may be I'll still be an avid fan.

2 people like this

Posted

no.

i do have other "favorite" teams that i watch to ease the excruciating pain of being a panther fan over the past few seasons...

...but to switch teams altogether, no.

Posted

I don't think I would watch at all without a local team. As much as they drive me crazy I just choose to care less than I once did.

Posted

Hell no!!

Born and raised in Charlotte and remember having to watch the Redskins on TV. Now we have our own team and I'm never giving them up.

Posted

Nice to hear that we have some truly loyal fans!

Posted

Not in football.

Back in the late 80's I was so mad at the Braves for trading Dale Murphy to the Phillies that I switched my fan allegiance to the Cubs.

That was a bad decision.

Posted

Yes, in baseball. I've been a Cubs fan since about '83 and I am tired of pulling for such a monumental loser.

Thought about siding with the Braves since they're the "local" team, but man I just hate Atlanta.

Posted

Never. Makes me sick to even think about switching teams. Was a cowboy fan before we had a team (I know, I know), however have not even had the inkling of wanting to change sides. Will make it all the more sweeter when we win all 5 superbowls in a row :) .

Posted

In my opinion I was born to be a Panther fan. I love everything about the team. Yes we haven't had many winning seasons but our colors, our logo, etc are fuggin badass and we are always under dogs. We will get it right soon guys, I have faith in that. I was a 90's kid, I bleed black and blue.

Posted

Not just No but Hell No! The Panthers are the only professional team that I have ever supported, ie: buying shirts, hats, etc.

Posted

No way... unless they move the team, then all bets are off. I live in northern VA, so I could easily side with the Skins or Ravens if that ever happens. But South Carolina will always be my home. And the Panthers will always be my team as long as they're in Carolina.