Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever reached a point where you were actually going to switch teams?

114 posts in this topic

Posted

The only time I switch teams was when the NFL awarded Charlotte a franchise. I was a Steeler fan but being born and raised in North Carolina I am a ride or die fan for the teams from North Carolina. Before I would root for another team I would stop watching football all together.

Posted

The question should've been have you ever THOUGHT about switching teams. I'm pretty sure half the board would say "yes they did" during the end of the Fox and Hurney years.

2010 was haaaard to watch. From Clausen to BSP. But I still yelled and cheered like an idiot.

Posted

Was a huge 49ers fan growing up being from San Francisco. Moved to NC when i was 10. Became a Panthers fan soon after, much to my fathers' chagrin. He now roots for the Panthers, but it's not his favorite team. When we play the 49ers this coming season; if we win i will call him everyday, if we lose i probably won't talk to him for the rest of the football season.

I will root for the Panthers until the day I die.

Posted

Duke fans pull for the Cowboys/Steelers when it's convenient

Posted

Not even close, but I do think there is a word for guys who switch sides and I'll say it in Italian - Fenooks

Posted

When I was young I was a Baltimore Colts fan. Huge Unitas fan. Bert Jones days. Then when cry baby Elway didn't want to play in Baltimore and Robert Irsay up and left Baltimore over night I was a fan without a team. That was about the time LT went to the Giants plus the 1st wife was from Long Island. I became a Giant fan. Then in 93 when Carolina got a team I switched immediately. I have been a loyal Panther fan and will remain loyal until I die or they leave Carolina whichever comes first.

I won't say never because too many teams have moved around since I was young and you never know.

Posted

Not even close, but I do think there is a word for guys who switch sides and I'll say it in Italian - Fenooks

The Sopranos taught me what that word means.

Posted

As much as I dislike how bad the Panthers have been, never have I thought about it. But, I have thought about switching HC, GM, and at times even Owner. Lol

Posted

people do it all the time. they are called cowboy fans, and saints fans.

This^

Posted

Just say no to weak ass bandwagon jumping.

Posted

Left charlotte at the same time as the hornets, but I still was mad how Shinn/Wooldridge played the city. Laker fan ever since.

Posted

Been a Panthers fan from the beginning and plan to be until the day I die watching Cam Newton's great-grandson lead the 2096 Carolina Panthers to their 25th Super Bowl victory. Only team I've ever changed allegiance to were the Hornets when they left. Haven't honestly cared for the NBA for years.