• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThatNiggaManny

Have you ever reached a point where you were actually going to switch teams?

Grew up in Charlotte, moved to Raleigh and been a Panthers, Bobcats/Hornets, Hurricanes, and Tar Heels fan all my life.

If I can sit through a Bobcats basketball season and a 1-15 and 2-14 Panther season then I can sit through anything. I wish more North Carolina residents pulled for the home teams.

If they move, then they instantly become public enemy #1 to me.

Before the Panthers existed, I was a Rams fan because I was born in LA (moved to NC when I was still too young to know anything, but NC didn't have a team, so the Rams it was). When they moved to StL, they dropped to the bottom of the league for me. Now, I just pity and laugh at their ineptitude.

If I ever reached the point where I wanted to stop rooting for the Panthers I would stop watching football all together. There is nothing about any other team that I find remotely appealing.

If they move, then they instantly become public enemy #1 to me.

Before the Panthers existed, I was a Rams fan because I was born in LA (moved to NC when I was still too young to know anything, but NC didn't have a team, so the Rams it was). When they moved to StL, they dropped to the bottom of the league for me. Now, I just pity and laugh at their ineptitude.

hey same thing here except move from LA was to myrtle beach and then eventually to NC.

I have been married 16 years as of yesterday. I have casually glanced at others but never wanted to truly "switch teams".

IMO, once you make a commitment, you stick with it.

Sure, other teams have magical rides and you sit back and watch with awe. The "Greatest Show on Turf" comes to mind.

I enjoy watching football at it's highest level but I can tell you this, the Panthers and my wife have one thing in common, unless you leave me, I will never leave you.

In the words of David Gettleman, "Faith, family, football".

Panther for life.

I have been married 16 years as of yesterday. I have casually glanced at others but never wanted to truly "switch teams".

IMO, once you make a commitment, you stick with it.

Sure, other teams have magical rides and you sit back and watch with awe. The "Greatest Show on Turf" comes to mind.

I enjoy watching football at it's highest level but I can tell you this, the Panthers and my wife have one thing in common, unless you leave me, I will never leave you.

In the words of David Gettleman, "Faith, family, football".

Panther for life.

Spoken like a true married man ....you can look but dont touch

I couldn't understand someone wanting to switch their fandom. I wish the Panthers were a dominant team but it has zero effect on my self-esteem, so no matter how bad they may be I'll still be an avid fan.

we share the same POV

Been a Lions fan for over 50 years. Been a Panther fan since inception. I don't find it difficult to root for both teams. Panthers are first for the simple reason that I got to watch them from the start. Nothing like feeling a part of history. If we play the Lions, I root for the team with the most to win. So far it has worked out alright. Still hoping for that Lions/Panthers Championship Game. though.

I bleed panther blue and clemson orange (ok weird blood ;) ). Would never change famdom.

I am a casual fan of Tampa rays and would change if some other team interested me.

So i can see both sides.

I didn't begin really watching sports avidly until I was a teenager. The Panthers are my home team so they were always the obvious and most logical choice. The only thing that would bring me close to considering it is the team moving or management deliberately sabotaging another season like 2010 (I'm looking at you JR).

I rarely even watched football before the panthers came to be. This team made me love football more than any other sport. Been through the ups and downs with this team. Through Dom capers, Seifert , fox and now Rivera . I believe this team will turn the corner. I will admit, it was hard to watch the 2010 season but I did, even if I was drunk by halftime. *in Terrell Owens voice* this is my team lol

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ConcernedPanthersFan

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts