Photo
- - - - -

Have you ever reached a point where you were actually going to switch teams?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#46 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

No...

But when Playoffs come around I pick a team I really like in both divisions (Ravens and Seahawks last year)

#47 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

I'm 18 and I've been a Panthers fan since 2002 and I have never wanted to switch on the Panthers but
I was just curious to know if any of you guys have?

people do it all the time. they are called cowboy fans, and saints fans.

#48 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

I can honestly say I've never swapped allegiance to any pro team in any pro sport.

#49 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Living in Kentucky back in the early 90's meant you pulled for either: bengals, Bears, Colts Or Lions. Nobody pulled for the Browns. There were no Titans or Panthers So I routed for the Chiefs. But the day they announced the panthers(having lived in nc off and on) it wasa like I had a home team finally. Never looked back and never will.

#50 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yes. I did switch teams to become a panther fan.

#51 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

I was just old enough to slightly understand football when the Panthers played their first season (7 years old). I've grew up on them and could never switch to another team. If there weren't around, I probably wouldn't follow the NFL at all.

As for other sports, I kind of followed UNC when I was in high school. When I made the decision my senior year that I wanted to go to NC State I switched right then and never looked back.

#52 Edward Teach

Edward Teach

#PanthersMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

I am a native North Carolinian. Carolina is my team. When I was a child, I was pissed that some states had several teams (NY, Missouri, California), while we had zero.

Like most of you, I would only give up on the Panthers if they ever left Carolina, which I don't see happening. When the Hornets left Charlotte, I was offended, so I gravitated away from supporting them. I think it would be worse if my CPs left. I may even loathe them for leaving...

I have been a fan since 94, when I was in the Navy and we were awarded a team. Before that, I was an Oakland/LA Raiders fan mostly because my uncle was. He introduced me to professional football. Teddy Hendricks, Lyle Alzado, Howie Long, Marcus Allen, and Bo Jackson all made me proud to wear the silver and black colors on Sunday. When the Carolina was selected to receive a team, I was ecstatic to see that we would be wearing those colors, too.

The bad seasons were hard to watch, the losing streaks have been embarrassing, the poor draft choices have been a tough pill to swallow, but I would never give up on my guys.

#53 Qu1million

Qu1million

CantBeatMeInMadden!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Hell no!!! I am also a Mets fan and haven't thought about switching...Carolina Panther blue 4life

#54 panthers90

panthers90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Never ever thought about changing teams. Like most of, I followed this team from 95 (I was 5, but luckily I had an older brother to tell me what was going on). Don't see myself ever changing.

I was a huge Hornets fan, until the New Orleans fiasco occurred. I still followed them since I really I've Baron Davis, but I started liking the Warriors (after moving to the Bay) too, so when he got traded to the Warriors in 05, and I used that to cut all ties to the Hornets.

If Jordan brings back Hornets to Charlotte, the warriors will still be my favorite, but I would definitely root for the Hornets.

#55 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Would never switch from the Panthers, but if we aren't in the playoffs, I will pick a "playoff team" to follow temporarily, which will always be a team outside of our division.

#56 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,699 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

He also drives by Cams house and stares in his windows.

Wearing denim jorts and a denim cut off vest

#57 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

I would die for this poo

#58 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

wtf

#59 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Never. Never! ...unless they move to LA.

#60 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,652 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

The question should've been have you ever THOUGHT about switching teams. I'm pretty sure half the board would say "yes they did" during the end of the Fox and Hurney years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com