43 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,355 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Dated a girl who was a big Tarheel fan. If they were playing, she was that way regardless of what sport she was watching.

#32 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Valid.

This particular fellow had a temper and a half. Once saw him slam his fist - knuckles down - onto a hardwood table (amazed he didn't break his hand). He was always certain that the refs were paid, the Patriots winning the SB was a conspiracy, and the moon landing was faked.

Professional sports may not be flat out fixed, but it has been shown over and over again that they are nudged. The last ten years have shown us this across many sports.

I used to be an NBA fan but it was obvious to me the NBA was "more fixed" than the other sports I like. I would love to be an NHL fan because I hear theyre the only ones left that do a decent job of giving you an actual "un-altered" game.

Its funny that they come out with guys like Donahue or whatever his name is and to me, it was naive to NOT think that games were bogus. There were A LOT of obvious things pointing to it. One team shooting 3 times as many foul throws per game? Why was (and is) that common in the NBA? Can you reeeealy rationalize that? The media does a geat job of just looking right past it or even helping conceal with a comment like "I dont know Charlie, I didnt have very good angle to see that foul buuuuuut it looked like it was close and he mightve gotten a piece of em".

AAAAaand every idiot wants to listen to the media or some website because stupid people want to be informed and feel smart. They literally cant watch a game with their own eyes and decide for themselves who played well, they have to see the stats or just be fed by Collin Cowherd.

#33 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Do any of you guys watch a game in a bathrobe? I find that quite odd....

#34 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

Do any of you guys watch a game in a bathrobe? I find that quite odd....

All I wear around the house is a bath robe... That's how you know you're a true G...

#35 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,864 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

All I wear around the house is a bath robe... That's how you know you're a true G...

Posted Image

all day, everyday.

#36 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,543 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

My mother was staying at my apartment week 1 during the first Bucs game this past season. I ended up throwing things and cursing at the TV and within a quarter or two she took my car keys and just left to go grocery shopping.

#37 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,895 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

I used to be a very vocal and livid fan years ago. Watching the game, yelling and screaming. Id make a deal with them with my panther telepathy and do pushups and stuff like that in order for them to give it their all and win.. A very strange fan.

Now a days, i dont say a word. I lay on the floor facing the tv. Even if we score and we are up, its for damn sure its short lived. I dont even get mad when we blow it. Im a patient fan and only hope we get do better the next year or so.

#38 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,851 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

It's amazing how we allow ourselves to be tortured by the NFL.

#39 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,601 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

i really, really hope nobody saw or heard my reaction to roddy white coming down with that bomb

#40 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

It's amazing how we allow ourselves to be tortured by the NFL.

TBQH most people do this for various things...

Watch that vid again with the sound off, and the guy could be someone in the middle of an active church sermon...

It's pretty much a visual display of overabundance of emotion.

#41 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

the dad is a pro. Showing his son what the fugs up

#42 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Yeah the dad was definitely better at getting pissed than his kids. I yell and scream but usually not vulgarities. I generally watch very calm and cool and explode when something great happens. Early in the season when we still have a chance I get antsy and have to stand up but I will sit back down a few plays later. By the end of a bad season I just kind of watch it like whatever.

#43 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,763 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

Fake and ghey

#44 aussiePanther

aussiePanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

Can't see that video (private) but unlike the earlier post I watch sports only at home, live or in a pub surrounded by other fans who are also shouting/cheering/singing (soccer).
My parents in law are not sport people and find me very strange to be getting so emotional about "a game" and wonder why I shout at something on the TV, as if they can hear me...

Still I have no qualms with what I do. You have to be emotionally invested and suffer the lows to be able to really enjoy the highs.

My kids are being brought up the right way - that is they also abuse the TV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com