#46 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

So what? Sex happens and it's time to fuggin deal. There should be no shame in plan B. That is a very responsible decision and if any of you have ever broken a condom you know what I'm talking about. All the pressure that the churches put on kids is literally stupid in every way possible. Sex is not an ill, it's nature and accidents do happen. Making kids feel like they have to talk to their parents or that they are at the mercy of anyone other than their own decisions is why we have Teen Mom and Maury.

i agree. since a young person is responsible enough for their choices, then they don't have to be on their parents insurance until they are 26 right?

#47 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

What does sex have to do with that?

#48 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,314 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

they are old enough to think and do for themselves and either make good choices are bad and if need be, navigate thru those choices.
so if the parents don't need to be involved in anything to do with the am pill, then why should those same kids be on those very parents insurance plan?

merely highlighting the juxtaposition. ya want the freedom on one hand and be called responsible, but still want the safety blanket of mom and dad and at that point be just a kid.

just seems ironic.

#49 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,892 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

i agree. since a young person is responsible enough for their choices, then they don't have to be on their parents insurance until they are 26 right?

I didn't know they had to be.

#50 xlightsoutx

xlightsoutx

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

I was dropped from my parents insurance a while ago. And dependency status does not mean that the parent has the right to dictate what the child does with their body when they are at the age of consent. You are aware of this, correct? When a child is 18, they can get a tattoo and there isn't a damn thing the parents can do if they don't like it. Besides kick their kid out over a fuging tattoo, which is as obscene as forcing your child to go through a pregnancy that they deem a mistake. But even if they do that, well, the child would then no longer be a dependent.

Basically, pstall, your argument of "they're on my insurance, so I should know everything about their sexual activity and what they do in the case of pregnancy" is fuging stupid. Would it be ideal for kids to be able to talk to their parents? Absolutely. Do the parents have to earn that trust from their kid that they won't be judged, shamed, or bullied into a decision one way or the other on the matter? Absolutely. And there is the problem with most of the people I went to high school with who had teen pregnancies/abortions.

#51 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,314 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Who said anything about judging and shame and 40 lashes? Lighten up dude.

Age of consent doesn't equal age of understanding.

I'm saying its awfully ironic there are some in this debate feigning concern about the children. Its the children and I applaud them for being so responsible for getting the am pill(see panic afterwords and the terror of realizing you have no friggin clue what to do with a kid yourself so you go to walgreens).

And no kidding about the parent kid trust needs to be there. Which is part of an earlier point I made on this that in some cases that wall at home can lead some..again, some kids to risky behavior.
Even with shaky protecton and the am pill its still risky and at some point if a kid is on their folks ins that convo is going to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.