• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

WASHINGTON -- Nearly half a million Americans left the labor force in March, the U.S. Labor Department announced Friday, causing the unemployment rate to decline from 7.7 to 7.6 percent.
Part of the reason fewer people are participating in the labor force is that the baby boomers are hitting retirement, but another part is that the economy is lousy. Employers added only 88,000 jobs in March, the fewest in any month since June.

"This should be a wake-up call," Mike Evangelist, a policy analyst for worker advocacy group the National Employment Law Project, said in an interview. "We had had pretty consistent job growth the last couple months, and it just so happens the month they enacted all these austerity measures we had terrible growth."

Job creation slowed in the same month federal policymakers pursued significant budget cuts known as sequestration, the latest and greatest in a series of reductions to government spending. The cuts have already resulted in layoffs and furlough notices for some federal workers. New unemployment claims rose sharply last week.

The number of long-term jobless declined slightly from 4.8 million to 4.6 million in March, though the decline probably has as much to do with hiring as people giving up on their search for jobs. Workers are considered long-term unemployed if they've been looking for work for at least six months. A person who hasn't tried to find a job within four weeks of the government's survey doesn't count as unemployed at all.

http://www.huffingto..._n_3016714.html

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Just so happens...

just so happens Obama is about to release his final budget too

#3 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,557 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

I said just after the elections this # will be very criical in Nov '13. If this trend keeps going look out.

You can't raise taxes on those still working and think that's it. We have to job growth our way out.

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,639 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Looks like our Republican friends knew just what they were doing. Congratulations. And G5, you can shut up, as everyone with half a brain knows who forced this upon us out of spite, and are going to know whose policies are responsible for it despite all your attempts to deflect.

#5 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,224 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Looks like our Republican friends knew just what they were doing. Congratulations. And G5, you can shut up, as everyone with half a brain knows who forced this upon us out of spite, and are going to know whose policies are responsible for it despite all your attempts to deflect.

Typical response of Obama and his supporters...keep blaming someone else for the crappy job he is doing.

Man has been in office for 5 years and still has not even submitted his budget.

He has sucked ass as a president, yet his staunch supporters still believe he is a success. Guy has been the worst president in history...and it is not even close.

#6 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,639 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

when he sends 4500 kids off to their deaths in a country that posed no threat to us maybe you would have a point but seriously you have no freaking idea what you are saying.

4500 dead Americans, thousands more injured for life FOR NOTHING, vs. not submitting a budget (but he has because I hear you all laugh when it gets rejected so another lie, thanks) you are a joke.

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,321 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

The plan is working perfectly

#8 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Typical response of Obama and his supporters...keep blaming someone else for the crappy job he is doing.

Man has been in office for 5 years and still has not even submitted his budget.

He has sucked ass as a president, yet his staunch supporters still believe he is a success. Guy has been the worst president in history...and it is not even close.

when he sends 4500 kids off to their deaths in a country that posed no threat to us maybe you would have a point but seriously you have no freaking idea what you are saying.

4500 dead Americans, thousands more injured for life FOR NOTHING, vs. not submitting a budget (but he has because I hear you all laugh when it gets rejected so another lie, thanks) you are a joke.

This is where both Reps and Dems want us. While they and those who put them in office rob us blind and our liberties are stripped.

Stopmtryingno blame, drop your bullshit party flag waving and start supporting some candidates worth a damn.

#9 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Don't blame me, I voted Green.

#10 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

CWG's still fighting GWB...

Obama's never going to be responsible for his tenure.

#11 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,639 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

He already is. First off, he hasn't gotten us in a needless war where he sends our kids off to die for no reason, which apparently you have gotten over.

I haven't. I never will. To suggest anything Obama has done can even come close to that is simple blindness. Add to that the real spending issues of the last 12 years belong to GWB and not Obama if you like but it pales in comparison.

#12 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

and it continues.

#13 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,639 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Well theres the rub Kurb, I did pick a candidate worth a damn. I don't approve of everything he's done and he pisses me off sometimes but there is nothing unreasonable about this.

#14 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

The Paul Ryan budget would really help...

Destory everything in the country!! Adding half a billion to defense while cutting taxes...wiping out education. Burning crosses will follow soon after.

I really hope for a plague... Once your this high in govt your on a corporate payroll.

#15 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,557 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

its just time to stop voting in people groomed for public office. they don't know dick about reality and like suckers, masses upon masses of people keep voting for them as if the very people they vote for give a flying burrito about them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com