Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

http://sports.yahoo....-233454253.html

#2 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

Yeah they add more than Maryland....now to lose BC and pick up Texas :)

#3 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

I'm telling u man Maryland is going to really regret leaving. It could severely hurt their program in both sports. Especially football.

#4 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

Yeah they add more than Maryland....now to lose BC and pick up Texas :)

Another thing - if u had to rank every school in the country according to football and basketball currently, Louisville is in the top 10 probably top 5

#5 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

I'm telling u man Maryland is going to really regret leaving. It could severely hurt their program in both sports. Especially football.

Why do you say that? The DC area is full of Big 10 alums and the Big 10 will bring far more top 25 football teams to College Park, which should help with football attendance. Now if you mean hurt it from a competitive standpoint, yes, you are probably correct, but it's not like Maryland was good very often in the ACC either.

The Big 10 is also arguably the best basketball league and is no worse than the 2nd best in the country, so there will still be plenty of top 25 teams rolling through town.

The Big 10's tv contract will pay out about 30 million dollars a year in the near future. The ACC is locked into 17 million for the next 14 years.

Maryland's athletic department is broke, that extra money will help them out tremendously.

#6 CarolinaPanthersCynic

CarolinaPanthersCynic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Is adding good teams really beneficial for the big picture? What happens when Duke or UNC have a decent year, but pick up too may conference losses and end up missing the tournament?

UNC wouldn't have been in this year without their string of wins against poor ACC teams.

#7 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Oh I believe it.

#8 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Is adding good teams really beneficial for the big picture? What happens when Duke or UNC have a decent year, but pick up too may conference losses and end up missing the tournament?

UNC wouldn't have been in this year without their string of wins against poor ACC teams.

It's all about TV markets. Why the hell would the ACC add BC if not for the rights to Mass

Still surprises me all the NC teams we have in the ACC

#9 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Why do you say that? The DC area is full of Big 10 alums and the Big 10 will bring far more top 25 football teams to College Park, which should help with football attendance. Now if you mean hurt it from a competitive standpoint, yes, you are probably correct, but it's not like Maryland was good very often in the ACC either.

The Big 10 is also arguably the best basketball league and is no worse than the 2nd best in the country, so there will still be plenty of top 25 teams rolling through town.

The Big 10's tv contract will pay out about 30 million dollars a year in the near future. The ACC is locked into 17 million for the next 14 years.

Maryland's athletic department is broke, that extra money will help them out tremendously.

B10 was incredible this year in hoops but they will not repeat that same success next season. That is a fact.

Regarding FB- Maryland will be in the cellar in the B10. They are going to have to play real college FB teams now. You can lose 4 games in the ACC and still have a chance to go to the title game and BCS.

I'm a traditionalist and dissapointed to see them go. I'm also not a fan of all the Yankee schools coming in but UL, Cuse, and Pitt bring so much to the table. Duke fans are prob happy to see them leave lol.

The SEC has football. The ACC has basketball.

#10 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

B10 was incredible this year in hoops but they will not repeat that same success next season. That is a fact.

Regarding FB- Maryland will be in the cellar in the B10. They are going to have to play real college FB teams now. You can lose 4 games in the ACC and still have a chance to go to the title game and BCS.

I'm a traditionalist and dissapointed to see them go. I'm also not a fan of all the Yankee schools coming in but UL, Cuse, and Pitt bring so much to the table. Duke fans are prob happy to see them leave lol.

The SEC has football. The ACC has basketball.

They may not repeat the hoops success, but they have several good basketball programs with Wisconsin, Indiana, and OSU. Can probably count on 1-2 other programs exceeding expectations every year and making the tournament too.

I do agree that Maryland will be a cellar dweller for football, but I think they had to make the move for financial purposes. They were in really bad financial shape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.