• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Dam them for passing laws that are most desired by the majority that elected them! Dam the majority!

What majority?

#12 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

I just don't see any practical use for this. Is the court systems seriously backlogged and this would help? Uhh ok maybe.

Its frustrating because its classic majoring in the minors.

#13 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

"republican here, totally for small government and if the obama gun grabbers come knocking at my door i'll show 'em the end of my gun they DONT want to see because this is the land of the free and states rights and freedom isn't free and the 2nd amendment and khruschev said that the way to defeat the west is-"

The new law would “strike from the current law a provision that says ‘isolated incidents of sexual intercourse’ don’t count against” the legal waiting period, meaning that if the court can establish that a divorcing couple has had sex, it could potentially start their waiting period over.

"-yeahnoproblemanywaygetthegovernmentoutofthelittledetailsofourlives,i'msotiredofthesedamnLIEberalsthatareagainstlibertyandjusticeandjustwanttosuckoffthegovernment's

#14 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Dam them for passing laws that are most desired by the majority that elected them! Dam the majority!

Voters. Did you vote?

I'm going to assume you've never criticized Obama's policies before, since the majority of voters elected him.

#15 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

I just don't see any practical use for this. Is the court systems seriously backlogged and this would help? Uhh ok maybe.

Its frustrating because its classic majoring in the minors.

I agree its an unneccessary change. I doubt it would have much of an impact on the court system one way or the other. But the odds of this becoming law are 1 in a hundred at best. Its one of many pieces of useless legislation introduced by congresses/legislatures everywhere. Fortunately, the vast majority of them never make it to the governor's desk.

#16 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationStokeridge
HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

What majority?

Fukin hick redneck north carolina voter majority.

#17 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Fukin hick redneck north carolina voter majority.

link?

#18 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

I seriously doubt the majority of North Carolina voters want this law to be implemented. It it is possible that the majority of voters in the district which these folks represent might want this legislation implemenated, but even that is unlikely.

I do believe that the representatives genuinely see divorce as a problem, and it is a problem. They probably believe it will help. IMO, they are wrong, but I do believe they are sincere. The legislation will never see the governor's desk though.

#19 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

So you've never complained about Obamacare?

#20 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

London Sharia council caught treating divorce like North Carolina Republicans

A Sharia council in London was revealed Sunday to have utterly failed the community of battered Islamic wives in Britain by forcing numerous women to stay with abusive husbands, ostensibly to work out their differences with the help of God.

Secret video shot inside the Leyton Islamic Sharia Council, later obtained by BBC One’s program “Panorama”, shows Dr. Suhaib Hasan, in thick beard and thicker glasses, listening as a woman pleads with him to grant her divorce. “I hate him,” she says. “I can’t even bear to look at him, he has ruined my life.” Instead of granting her request, Hasan sent the couple away for another month of counseling, in what the BBC says has become a common order of business for the group.

While that might sound shocking to most endowed with western sensibilities, it bears a striking resemblance to a plan to make divorce harder in North Carolina, hatched by Republicans who currentlyhave near complete control of their state’s government following last November’s election.

http://www.rawstory....na-republicans/

There is really little (if any) difference between our religious extremist (often Right-Wing Republicans) and the religious extremist of other parts of the world.

Why fear the Sharia when we have our very own local crazies to worry about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users