Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Second_Solution

Kicker for next season?

38 posts in this topic

Well I bet since our Panthers don't want to be jerks and not show off too much we need a kicker for XP and field goals. I say we trade Clausen and our 6th to someone for their 6th and 7th and grab a kicker and maybe a third QB like Jordan Rodgers.

Well I bet since our Panthers don't want to be jerks and not show off too much we need a kicker for XP and field goals. I say we trade Clausen and our 6th to someone for their 6th and 7th and grab a kicker and maybe a third QB like Jordan Rodgers.

Clausen has literally zero trade value. In fact we would practically have to pay a team to take him.

Eh, Gano is more than capable of getting the job done. It's going ot be the offense's job getting the ball where he can kick high percentage kicks.

Gano looked pretty good last year but his two prior years in WAS stunk. he can be relied upon to make 50+. He could be the answer but his history makes me nervous. Having a 90+% kicker with a leg is huge in this league.

Eh, Gano is more than capable of getting the job done. It's going ot be the offense's job getting the ball where he can kick high percentage kicks.

i Agree...but it's those 39 -45 yarders where a kicker makes his money. Huge for the offense to know we can be bailed out when we stall.

"we don't need a good kicker" did everyone forget the season when Kasay won like 60% of our games with a last minute field goal?

Draft Casey Barth in the 7th rd or sign him as an UDFA, we'll be covered by ESPN because of 2 brothers in the same division. Plus, he's pretty damn good.

Huge UNC fan, but Casey doesn't have Connor's leg. There were some doubters that said Connor didn't have an NFL leg. Those people were crazy. Bjt, Casey may not. He won't be drafted. I wouldn't mind bringing him into camp as an UDFA.

If Quinn Sharp does not get drafted or we can do a deal for a 7th he has a pretty big leg out of Ok state. He did their punting and kicking as well, so he could come in and compete at both spots. He was 28-33 on field goals and 46 yard avg on punts.

I'd have no problem using our 6th rounder on the best kicker on the board. Gano isn't the answer.

So I feel stupid this morning. I believed the article about us signing Mare. Never been happier about being wrong.

Whew!