Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

If we added the contract numbers of all the guys we've signed from other teams this offseason...

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16 Second_Solution

Second_Solution

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

The Hurney bashing will remain as long as contracts such as Deangelo's exist within the team. Once his mess is cleaned up, then people will forget about him.

#17 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

As GM Hurney is the primary reason the Panthers have been the failure they are the last 5 years.
Going forward Hurney's ignorance hinders our every move.
Not considering and learning from his incompetence begs for continued failure.

Last 5 years yes, but from 2001-2008 he was doing pretty good you know, I'm not arguing that Hurney was the poo and should have never been fired, he should have been fired when we Let Fox go, I'm just saying that people just need to get over it, aka crying about spilt milk.

All it does is make you loud and annoying, because it changes nothing.

#18 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Saying Hurney is the best GM in Panther history is like saying Jake Delhomme was the best QB in Panther history... Sure its true now but it means nothing because we all know that they are below average compared to everyone else.

#19 Sod

Sod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

This silly ripping of Hurney needs to stop, the guys gone and it is in the past. Get over it.

I haven't given Hurney two seconds thought since we hired DG, maybe you should too.

At least until you spent time responding to this thread.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,776 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

So you're telling me Gettleman is already better than Hurney by signing mediocre guys for 1yr deals?

better than 4 years, $12mil contract for mediocre talent, right?

yes....gettleman is already better just based on that contract alone. hurney overpaid. gettleman doesn't. how is it not obvious?

#21 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,776 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

The Hurney bashing will remain as long as contracts such as Deangelo's exist within the team. Once his mess is cleaned up, then people will forget about him.

until that mess is cleaned up, and not just deangelo, but all the players he overpaid over the past few years, we will be constantly reminded when we see deficiencies on the roster without the cap space to address them adequately and holes created in key areas because we spent all our money on running backs and broken linebackers.

#22 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,648 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

better than 4 years, $12mil contract for mediocre talent, right?

yes....gettleman is already better just based on that contract alone. hurney overpaid. gettleman doesn't. how is it not obvious?

Different market now than before. All 32 GMs now look better than 1-2yrs ago

#23 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

you guys act like 1 year deals are some sort of newfangled innovation never seen before. In fact, go back to just last year and most players with question marks got trial deals that were 1 or no more than 2 years, with minimal guaranteed money.

this is the way other teams have been handling business for years to fill their roster. it's just finally reached carolina after the beathard protege was run out and replaced with a more wily executive.

#24 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Last 5 years yes, but from 2001-2008 he was doing pretty good you know, I'm not arguing that Hurney was the poo and should have never been fired, he should have been fired when we Let Fox go, I'm just saying that people just need to get over it, aka crying about spilt milk.

All it does is make you loud and annoying, because it changes nothing.

there's no reason not to rehash this subject, especially since we're still being affected by it, that is unless you are a proponent of groupthink and judging by your posting it seems like you promote that kind of social structure on here since all you seem to write is "QUIET GUYS OR ELSE YOU'RE JUST A COMPLAINER HUEUHUGHHUEUEUGH"

#25 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,880 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

First, I believe the best in our short history goes to Polian.

fffffffffffffffffff

#26 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

What amazes me is Hurney's all encompassing failure at his job. Even with renowned horrible GMs like millen, you can still look at them and peg their weaknesses against a list of strengths

hurney was literally terrible in every aspect of his job. It's just remarkable.

#27 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

What amazes me is Hurney's all encompassing failure at his job. Even with renowned horrible GMs like millen, you can still look at them and peg their weaknesses against a list of strengths

hurney was literally terrible in every aspect of his job. It's just remarkable.

This hyperbole is getting ridiculous. Hurney was better than Millen and isn't in any sort of running for the worst GM ever. He was good at drafting, but always lost trades and overpaid some of his own guys. He did some dumb and infuriating stuff and deserved to be fired, but I can make a list of 10 worse guys from the last 5 years. Plus, he did draft a lot of good players.

#28 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

The Hurney Hate will continue...as it should.

#29 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

This silly ripping of Hurney needs to stop, the guys gone and it is in the past. Get over it.

I haven't given Hurney two seconds thought since we hired DG, maybe you should too.

Especially creating threads for it.

#30 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

I'll be sure to come back to this thread when the Panthers have kicking troubles this year. I love how people bash Mare because he missed two crucial field goals, yet we have a terrible kicker as the number 1 guy right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.