Photo
- - - - -

List of players we worked out last year, we don't smokescreen.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Dear god i would be so happy with Cyprien:

The thing I love about Cyprien is that he arrives at the ball almost instantly. He isn't really a fast guy either (4.6 range) but he is really instinctual (sound familiar?) and will lay the lumber.

#32 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

The thing I love about Cyprien is that he arrives at the ball almost instantly. He isn't really a fast guy either (4.6 range) but he is really instinctual (sound familiar?) and will lay the lumber.

Yeah, I immediately saw Keuchly playing the Safety position when I was watching that.

#33 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Yeah, I immediately saw Keuchly playing the Safety position when I was watching that.

He can lay a hit like Thomas Davis though. If you watch Thomas Davis hit and Cyprien hit, the other player almost always goes backwards. I love that.

#34 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,356 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Did we work Jimmy out? or was that one of those things where we didn't expect him to fall to the 2nd round so Fox just took him for the hell of it?

We didn't work him out...nor does it look like they even watched his college tape

#35 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hurney saw that he was the best available on Mel Kiper's big board and was overjoyed to have the opportunity to draft him.

#36 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,273 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Cyprien is by far my favorite safety in this draft. He always takes great angles, wraps up his targets properly, possesses good instincts and can track the ball very well in mid-air. He's somewhat raw but the potential/talent this kid has is through the roof.

#37 Cynonyte

Cynonyte

death metal

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

sorry.. coluldnt pay much attention to the details... was to busy staring at the sig gif.... lol :startle:

#38 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

You gotta think that list will get bigger. There are some guys like Richardson, Rhodes and Cooper who at least deserve a visit - whether or not they're the guy is another matter.

#39 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

You gotta think that list will get bigger. There are some guys like Richardson, Rhodes and Cooper who at least deserve a visit - whether or not they're the guy is another matter.

It's not getting much bigger in the next 3 days if last years list made on April 10th is any indication.

#40 Woodie

Woodie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

PRetty clear that we're drafting a wr based off of that list of visits.

Or, since we didn't sign (or even talk to) Hixon until after meeting with all of the top WR's, it could mean that the team didn't like what they saw in any of them enough to take them with the 14th pick. I have no idea, but I certainly wouldn't leap to any conclusions about what direction we are going.

#41 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

All that meeting with a bunch of the top WRs means is that we're clearly INTERESTED in potentially taking a WR at #14. It certainly doesn't mean that we'll end up doing it.

#42 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Well remember that Gettleman drafts BPA. What this list shows I think, is that based on where players are projected to go, the BPA seems to just happen to be a WR. Adding Hixon shouldn't change Gettleman's prospect grades.

#43 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Cyprien is by far my favorite safety in this draft. He always takes great angles, wraps up his targets properly, possesses good instincts and can track the ball very well in mid-air. He's somewhat raw but the potential/talent this kid has is through the roof.

I like Cyprien, but I gotta admit, I'm not in love with drafting a small school safety at #14 that played a ton down in the box and ran mid-4.6s at his pro day and is most well known for dropping the hammer on big hits.

That type of safety was commonplace in the the NFL 10+ years ago, but that's a dying breed in today's NFL.

#44 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,273 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

I like Cyprien, but I gotta admit, I'm not in love with drafting a small school safety at #14 that played a ton down in the box and ran mid-4.6s at his pro day and is most well known for dropping the hammer on big hits.

That type of safety was commonplace in the the NFL 10+ years ago, but that's a dying breed in today's NFL.

Barron is your typical 'in-the-box' safety and did pretty good last year. He got burned several times but those who weren't overhyping him knew his coverage skills were slightly above average.

Cyprien is cut from the same cloth.

#45 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Barron also faced a lot better competition and ran mid-4.5s.

I agree they're similar, but I think Barron was the better prospect - but then again, he went in the too 10 so that makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com