Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

freeman is not great

freeman is not terrible

Agreed. It is, however, the offseason, which means we should be an objective about our opponents so we can better prepare ourselves to beat them.

Freeman is good. He may progress. He likely won't regress. He is not any of the aforementioned extremes. A good QB that a team is determined to assist is a threat. Not one we can just stick our fingers in our ears and say "herp derp he is TeH sukz"

#33 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

dp

#34 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

Riiiiiight. It's the surrounding cast that is choking the talent out of poor Josh Freeman. Nevermind the fact that he has issues reading defenses and can't make good decisions under pressure.

Congratulations yourself.

It's amusing and ironic that you say this. Fabricating arguments isn't usually the best indicator that someone responds well under pressure.

#35 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

all that money tampa has to spend is burning a hole in their pockets.

please let this happen and have him blow up that locker room please please please and thank you

#36 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

Agreed. It is, however, the offseason, which means we should be an objective about our opponents so we can better prepare ourselves to beat them.

Freeman is good. He may progress. He likely won't regress. A good QB that a team is determined to assist is a threat. Not one we can just stick our fingers in our ears and say "herp derp he is TeH sukz"

The Huddle is pretty much just about the last place I would come to expecting a purely objective conversation.

#37 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

The Jets will insist on a Ricky Williams Type deal, where Tampa hands over their entire draft. For reasons unknown it will somehow be Josh Freeman that shows up in a Wedding Dress.

#38 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,023 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

freeman is not great

freeman is not terrible

Josh isn't terrible. He's had moments of brilliance but one would have to be blind not to see his regression and inconsistency these past two seasons. All QBs, at one point, regress in their careers but Freeman has been slumping for too long.

Half the Buc fanbase is beyond irritated and want him gone. I don't blame them. He's singlehandedly cost Tampa Bay crucial games with his decision-making. Fans just want him to be consistent, and he hasn't been, unfortunately. Rumors have been flying around this off-season that Greg isn't a fan of Josh. So it wouldnt surprise me to see him gone next season if he can't improve.

#39 ThatNiggaManny

ThatNiggaManny

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Carolina

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Thank You Chuck Norris!

#40 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,023 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

It's amusing and ironic that you say this. Fabricating arguments isn't usually the best indicator that someone responds well under pressure.

Yes, because your argumentative points were so enlightening.

It's amusing and ironic that you say this... or whatever makes you feel better.

Astounding.

#41 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Yes, because your argumentative points were so enlightening.

It's amusing and ironic that you say this... or whatever makes you feel better.

Astounding.

It's because I've done this back and forth with you various times and have seen you do it with others. It ends up being nothing more than squabbling until its revealed that you've constructed your entire argument out of some agenda and created whatever you need to support it and then begin to give the run around to anyone who asks you to source those arguments.

It's a waste of time with you that I frankly don't care to dive in to.

#42 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

If this happens is it too far fetched to see the jets taking a qb with the 13th pick? It may be a reach but they need to do something.

#43 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,989 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

jason cole has been outed as a mouth piece for revis' agents btw

#44 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

they are going to make that defense unbalanced. shut down corners are overrated and thankfully overpaid right now. in an era where you typically only had two WRs going out and one WR essentially carried the passing game, it was more of an issue, but in an era where spread offenses are growing more prevalent and you are seeing 3-4 WR sets with frequency as well as TEs that are essentially just really big WRs and teams are running 2 TE sets, balance in the CB corps is more important than having that one shutdown guy because he just doesn't do that much to stop the multitude of options that a QB has right now. if we have several talented receivers available every play and a system and QB that spreads the ball around often, then revis is a negligible factor. you shut down smitty, big deal. we've got 3 or 4 other receiving options and a QB who can run the ball better than most RBs if he has to....big deal.

schiano is building that team to be competitive 10 years ago. he's a throwback and that's going to be working to ours and every other team's advantage.

btw....us getting swept by them is inexcusable. just bad playcalling and game management. philosophically they are just too easy to defeat.

You said it much better than I would have. We really could have beaten them twice, right along with the Falcons.

If we handle our business, I know we can hang with anyone in this league.

#45 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,023 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

It's because I've done this back and forth with you various times and have seen you do it with others. It ends up being nothing more than squabbling until its revealed that you've constructed your entire argument out of some agenda and created whatever you need to support it and then begin to give the run around to anyone who asks you to source those arguments.

It's a waste of time with you that I frankly don't care to dive in to.

And yet you continue.

I'm not impressed with your Superiority Complex. If you ever wish to go beyond the 'endless squabbling' then the solution is quite simple -- take your head out of your ass. Just because I don't agree with your views doesn't mean mine are fabricated (especially since a large number of Tampa fans and beat writers severely disagree with you). So please, learn to post like an individual who's not a Bill O'Reilly 2.0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com