#61 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Hah take The Golden Calf of Bristol too! What idiocy is this?

#62 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,756 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

A primate could do a google search on Josh Freeman and find fans bashing him on forums, Barber telling the media Freeman has got improve in 2013 or he's gone, beat writers insulting his decision making and accuracy (even when not under duress), online petitions, etc. It's not fiction, it's reality. The Bucs were in playoff contention before Freeman's meltdown in Nov-Dec. So how is he not to blame? The secondary was only a portion of the problem.

#63 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,756 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

There is one example from the last quarter of the season that points to Ron improving. The last game against the Saints. After about 3 quarters it was looking very much like the first game against the Falcons. We went up, then started playing soft and the Saints looked like they were poised to catch up. Then we hit the turbos and dialed it up a notch and sealed the win. That single game is what gives me hope for Ron (though it isn't a lot, considering it was just one game...)

That game saved his job, in my opinion. Rivera is a soft-spoken man but he needs to bring more intensity to his coaching. Ron's conservatism cost us games. As a result, he reminds of Wade Phillips. So I fear he may not be the leader this team needs. Hopefully, Rivera has grown from his mistakes.

#64 P.I.A

P.I.A

• ALL-PRO
  • 522 posts
  • LocationFinally Home!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

While the Bucs are stupid as shite, we did, at one time, give two players 80 million dollar contracts.... something to chew on....

#65 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

http://profootballta...evis-situation/

I hadn't seen this much detail mentioned about the offer yet:

WOW I hope they do that deal.

The Bucs...

Posted Image

#66 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

http://sportsillustr.../?sct=uk_t11_a6

I cannot make any sense of this reasoning. The Bucs has those choieses:

*Get a very good player with a 4 year rookie deal at the 13th spot
*Get a potential starter with a very cheap rookie deal in the 3rd
*Have ~$12-13M left a year for 4 years to sign a free agent(s)

*Get the best corner in the game

For now, lets forget the busted knee and the fact that "best corner" is pushing it. Banks argues that it is the Jets that are the once the needs to make up thier mind???

This deal is so terrible for the Bucs that I would shut out load from my cubical if it happened.

"New York owner Woody Johnson demands significant value in return for Revis and won't accept him walking away as a free agent next spring, with only a compensatory draft pick to show for it"

So what? I can demand $1M for the left overs of a Bojangles meal on ebay all I want but it is the buyer that sets the price.

Please please Bucs, be this stupid!!

#67 French Navy

French Navy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationKing of the world, on a boat like Leo

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

"New York owner Woody Johnson demands significant value in return for Revis and won't accept him walking away as a free agent next spring, with only a compensatory draft pick to show for it"

How do owners get rich enough to be owners, while still being this dumb? Doesn't matter, Bucs look like they want to pay it, so it's the perfect trade.

#68 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

How do owners get rich enough to be owners, while still being this dumb? Doesn't matter, Bucs look like they want to pay it, so it's the perfect trade.

He inherited his money...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com