• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,357 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...lcons.html?_r=0

Another 2 second search, this one talks about how he knew the routes to the local bars better than the ones he was suppose to run....when he was benched early on in his career. He flat out says he would be drunk at 4am and would just go sleep at the facility to avoid oversleeping..... and was mentally out of football.....his words.

It wasn't just the speed of the game. White admitted in several interviews he simply had poor work ethic ....which is why I think Nuk can be better sooner. White was lazy under Mora...which also speaks to why Mora sucks

#92 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Eh...the ceiling seems to be higher with other players such as Patterson and Austin, IMO, but trading down and then grabbing the best W seems to be ideal since there will be reaching and which will bring bargains.

The ceiling is high but the floor is lower as well.

#93 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,357 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Austin can do more.....Nuk is the better pure WR IMO.

Given the type offense we have with Cam....I'd prefer Nuk. Austin seems to be fit for a QB that likes to throw the short quick hitters, screens, etc....and those are some of Cams's WORST throws. Nuk running downfield with his strong routes and hands seems like a better fit

#94 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,879 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/21/sports/football/21falcons.html?_r=0

Another 2 second search, this one talks about how he knew the routes to the local bars better than the ones he was suppose to run....when he was benched early on in his career. He flat out says he would be drunk at 4am and would just go sleep at the facility to avoid oversleeping..... and was mentally out of football.....his words.

It wasn't just the speed of the game. White admitted in several interviews he simply had poor work ethic ....which is why I think Nuk can be better sooner. White was lazy under Mora...which also speaks to why Mora sucks

I see.

I still also see a player in Hopkins who lacks a lot of instantaneously translatable tools, and while instant gratification matter little to me in terms of drafting, when you hold it up against a player who can be strong now and has a higher ceiling later, I'm inclined to rank the former below the latter.

#95 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,358 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

I didn't see the LSU game and the highlights of the LSU game were not in the above video. What I did see was Auburn, Ga. Tech, Va Tech, BC, Duke, NC State, Wake Forest and whoever the second team was (it wasn't LSU)

I was overseas during the football season so seeing the LSU game wasn't possible.

Wasn't overly impressed by the video.

#96 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

i have no problems of taking Hopkins at 14.if he is the guy, take him.

This.
I'm just glad the Panthers finally seem serious about getting a #1 WR to eventually take Smiths place.

#97 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

Given the type offense we have with Cam....I'd prefer Nuk. Austin seems to be fit for a QB that likes to throw the short quick hitters, screens, etc....and those are some of Cams's WORST throws. Nuk running downfield with his strong routes and hands seems like a better fit

Bingo. I've been the one guy screaming my head off on this forum for Nuk for weeks now. I can't stand Clemson, but I love Nuk.

#98 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

The fact that Nuk was a deep threat while not having great speed or being very big (6'4 and up). Let's me know he runs great routes and has great hands. Which is something you have to love in a WR.

#99 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

I think the feeling is that there would be better players at 14 but people would like him at 24 because those better players would be gone already.

According to whom is the question tho. The bucs might rank a player higher or lower than what we rank the same player. My point is if he's the guy that you want on your team you take him. You don't trade down hoping he will still be there because he may not be. The point about other players being better still on the board is strictly opinionated. You get the guy you want.

#100 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Right. I don't see how you can watch him go up and make the high grabs and not think he would be a great fit with Cam. We would have won a few more games last year with some clutch 3rd down and scoring catches i.e. Dallas, KC, and I'm sure more if I went back to look.

And to disagree with the other poster: Having great hands, catch radius, and route running ARE instantaneous. To me a fast guy that still has to learn the route tree(Patterson) will take waaay longer to get anything out of. With Steve's age I want a guy that can play Day 1. Also Austin looks great but like you said he is going to live off of short screens and slants,not Cam's strong point right now. Cam is a downfield "Big Ben, Favre" type of QB he needs a guy that can go up and make the big 15,20, 30 yd catches. I do like Hunter too but who knows which will be better. I'm ready to see Allen's proday numbers.

#101 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Right. I don't see how you can watch him go up and make the high grabs and not think he would be a great fit with Cam. We would have won a few more games last year with some clutch 3rd down and scoring catches i.e. Dallas, KC, and I'm sure more if I went back to look.

And to disagree with the other poster: Having great hands, catch radius, and route running ARE instantaneous. To me a fast guy that still has to learn the route tree(Patterson) will take waaay longer to get anything out of. With Steve's age I want a guy that can play Day 1. Also Austin looks great but like you said he is going to live off of short screens and slants,not Cam's strong point right now. Cam is a downfield "Big Ben, Favre" type of QB he needs a guy that can go up and make the big 15,20, 30 yd catches. I do like Hunter too but who knows which will be better. I'm ready to see Allen's proday numbers.

Good points

#102 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

this is why you scout, so you do not have to draft a player higher than they should be drafted.

#103 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Am I the only one who has 0% interest in Austin?

Not at all man, I had an entire thread devoted to having no interest in him a couple of weeks ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com