Photo
- - - - -

DeAndre Hopkins visiting Panthers today

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#97 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

Austin can do more.....Nuk is the better pure WR IMO.

Given the type offense we have with Cam....I'd prefer Nuk. Austin seems to be fit for a QB that likes to throw the short quick hitters, screens, etc....and those are some of Cams's WORST throws. Nuk running downfield with his strong routes and hands seems like a better fit

Bingo. I've been the one guy screaming my head off on this forum for Nuk for weeks now. I can't stand Clemson, but I love Nuk.

#98 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

The fact that Nuk was a deep threat while not having great speed or being very big (6'4 and up). Let's me know he runs great routes and has great hands. Which is something you have to love in a WR.

#99 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

I think the feeling is that there would be better players at 14 but people would like him at 24 because those better players would be gone already.

According to whom is the question tho. The bucs might rank a player higher or lower than what we rank the same player. My point is if he's the guy that you want on your team you take him. You don't trade down hoping he will still be there because he may not be. The point about other players being better still on the board is strictly opinionated. You get the guy you want.

#100 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Austin can do more.....Nuk is the better pure WR IMO.

Given the type offense we have with Cam....I'd prefer Nuk. Austin seems to be fit for a QB that likes to throw the short quick hitters, screens, etc....and those are some of Cams's WORST throws. Nuk running downfield with his strong routes and hands seems like a better fit

Right. I don't see how you can watch him go up and make the high grabs and not think he would be a great fit with Cam. We would have won a few more games last year with some clutch 3rd down and scoring catches i.e. Dallas, KC, and I'm sure more if I went back to look.

And to disagree with the other poster: Having great hands, catch radius, and route running ARE instantaneous. To me a fast guy that still has to learn the route tree(Patterson) will take waaay longer to get anything out of. With Steve's age I want a guy that can play Day 1. Also Austin looks great but like you said he is going to live off of short screens and slants,not Cam's strong point right now. Cam is a downfield "Big Ben, Favre" type of QB he needs a guy that can go up and make the big 15,20, 30 yd catches. I do like Hunter too but who knows which will be better. I'm ready to see Allen's proday numbers.

#101 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Right. I don't see how you can watch him go up and make the high grabs and not think he would be a great fit with Cam. We would have won a few more games last year with some clutch 3rd down and scoring catches i.e. Dallas, KC, and I'm sure more if I went back to look.

And to disagree with the other poster: Having great hands, catch radius, and route running ARE instantaneous. To me a fast guy that still has to learn the route tree(Patterson) will take waaay longer to get anything out of. With Steve's age I want a guy that can play Day 1. Also Austin looks great but like you said he is going to live off of short screens and slants,not Cam's strong point right now. Cam is a downfield "Big Ben, Favre" type of QB he needs a guy that can go up and make the big 15,20, 30 yd catches. I do like Hunter too but who knows which will be better. I'm ready to see Allen's proday numbers.

Good points

#102 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

this is why you scout, so you do not have to draft a player higher than they should be drafted.

#103 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Am I the only one who has 0% interest in Austin?

Not at all man, I had an entire thread devoted to having no interest in him a couple of weeks ago.