Photo
- - - - -

Barkevious Mingo to meet with Panthers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#46 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

I would take Mingo. Guy's a freak. Going to be a good pro. Might be nice to have if we wanted to incorporate more 3-4 looks. He can play multiple positions.

#47 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

Possibly a move to tempt someone under us who wants Barkevious to trade up for him?

#48 Mage

Mage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Posted Image

I mean I'm really not sure if people have actually watched him play, actually know what NFL DL need to succeed, or have just looked at his 40 time.

Look at the video I posted. You can't actually think Mingo's game translates at all for the NFL. He's just another Aaron Maybin. An undersized pass rusher who is weak as hell and the only thing he can do is run around tackles.

Just look at him vs. Georgia. As soon as those Georgia OL got a hand on him, he couldn't do anything. He's too weak. Doesn't extend his arms (vital for pass rushers - this is why I like Dion Jordan more than most do) nor does he use his hands well.

Or hell, if you want another example, Manny Lawson. He didn't work out as a pass rusher/4-3 DL because he's just really big and fast (Mingo is just fast). That is it. All Mingo can do is run past tackles. That is a fact on film. And when that is all you can do, you typically don't work out well in the NFL. I am willing to bet anything with anyone here that Mingo doesn't perform at a first round level in the NFL (and that is being a bit generous).

#49 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Love Mingo and we're meeting with Datone Jones