Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patterson - FYI

38 posts in this topic

Posted

NFL Draft Bible@NFLDraftBible1m

The very dependable + reliable Charles Davis stated that he's heard from 3 teams whose interview with Cordarrelle Patterson did not go well.

1 person likes this

Posted

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed. Still, he's damn near impossible to stop once the ball is in his hands.

Posted

good thing he doesn't have to answer any questions correctly before the QB will throw a ball his way

Posted

he is a smart enough football player

Posted

what were they expecting? that's the question.

i think he's probably a diva, but he's talented enough to back it up. wouldn't bother me at all. don't want a whole team of them, but if one guy is massively talented and can back his talk up, i don't care how much he runs mouth and points at himself.

i can see some teams not wanting that, but that's their problem.

Posted

He's not very book smart or anything like that, but his football smarts are just fine from what I've seen from Tennessee.

Posted

He's certainly a diva.

I also certainly don't care. He's displayed good football IQ and a willingness to be good. Beyond that, as long as there are no legitimate off field issues, I just don't care.

Posted

I mean if we're drafting what is supposed to be Smitty's eventual successor... Keepin that attitude from the position doesn't bother me any.

Posted

He's not very book smart or anything like that, but his football smarts are just fine from what I've seen from Tennessee.

I appreciate this statement and understand this statement but somehow I don't think you can blow things off based on football vs. "book" smart cliches.

Football smarts have taken his talent to a high level in the collegiate arena but there are some shortcomings. The question is can he overcome those shortcomings at the next level. In order to do so he needs to improve some of the raw football talent but also doesn't need the lack of "book smarts" (e.g. being a knucklehead) to hinder him. I think it is more of an art than a science in determining this.

Posted

The thing is, an interview not going well doesn't just mean he wasn't smart. Could mean they didn't like his attitude, could mean he showed up late, could mean any number of things. Doesn't just mean he isn't smart. Interviews and medical checks are probably the most important parts of the combine. 40 times and stuff are all good and well for the talking heads and mock drafts, but I would imagine teams place more importance on interviews and medical checks (and I've read as much online).

Posted

I appreciate this statement and understand this statement but somehow I don't think you can blow things off based on football vs. "book" smart cliches.

Football smarts have taken his talent to a high level in the collegiate arena but there are some shortcomings. The question is can he overcome those shortcomings at the next level. In order to do so he needs to improve some of the raw football talent but also doesn't need the lack of "book smarts" (e.g. being a knucklehead) to hinder him. I think it is more of an art than a science in determining this.

Don't worry you will get use to CarPanfan pushing all concerns aside when it comes to Patterson.

His football IQ is high but he can't read coverages and may have problem absorbing a playbook. The 2 things counter each other but not in some peoples minds.

Posted

Everybody can't be a brain surgeon like Terrell Owens or a rocket scientist like Randy Moss, you know.

1 person likes this