Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stankowalski

Next Xbox to require always on internet connection?

57 posts in this topic

Isn't the PS4 rumoured to be doing the no resale value thing as well?

WiiU it is!

Nope!

http://www.cbsnews.c...opers-on-board/

In an interview with the video game blog Eurogamer, Sony Worldwide Studio president Shuhei Yoshida says that the PS4 will not block second-hand games.

"That's the general expectation by consumers," Yoshida told Eurogamer. "They purchase physical form; they want to use it everywhere, right? So that's my expectation."

Yoshida added: "So, used games can play on PS4. How is that?"

Meh I don't think a President would say something as definitive as that if he wasn't stating a fact. As the article suggests, I think they just didn't want to reveal the info until M$ stated one way or the other....

What does "M$" have to do with their announcement? Are they not sure what their own console does?

What does "M$" have to do with their announcement? Are they not sure what their own console does?

If M$ announces they aren't allowing used games, and then Sony comes out after and makes a big deal about caring for the consumer and allowing used games it's a huge shot at M$. Would put them as the console to own in a lot of peoples minds....

so what will the spin be when all of the major developers move to the xbox?

so what will the spin be when all of the major developers move to the xbox?

Because that's ever happened?

I'm still happy with my Ps2 and Gamecube. I don't need these new fangled fangles

Because that's ever happened?

why do you think the big three are toying with this idea? developers want this and will focus their resources on the console that gives them the most control.

why do you think the big three are toying with this idea? developers want this and will focus their resources on the console that gives them the most control.

I highly doubt the developers are going to turn their backs on millions of users of WiiU's and PS4's, and the profits that will surely come from developing for them.....