Photo
- - - - -

Next Xbox to require always on internet connection?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,221 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

Isn't the PS4 rumoured to be doing the no resale value thing as well?

WiiU it is!

Nope!

http://www.cbsnews.c...opers-on-board/

In an interview with the video game blog Eurogamer, Sony Worldwide Studio president Shuhei Yoshida says that the PS4 will not block second-hand games.

"That's the general expectation by consumers," Yoshida told Eurogamer. "They purchase physical form; they want to use it everywhere, right? So that's my expectation."
Yoshida added: "So, used games can play on PS4. How is that?"

#32 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,900 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

Nope!

http://www.cbsnews.c...opers-on-board/

[/font][/color]

sorry dude but
http://arstechnica.c...ified-just-yet/

#33 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,221 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Meh I don't think a President would say something as definitive as that if he wasn't stating a fact. As the article suggests, I think they just didn't want to reveal the info until M$ stated one way or the other....

#34 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,900 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

What does "M$" have to do with their announcement? Are they not sure what their own console does?

#35 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,221 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

What does "M$" have to do with their announcement? Are they not sure what their own console does?

If M$ announces they aren't allowing used games, and then Sony comes out after and makes a big deal about caring for the consumer and allowing used games it's a huge shot at M$. Would put them as the console to own in a lot of peoples minds....

#36 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,900 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

so what will the spin be when all of the major developers move to the xbox?

#37 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,221 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

so what will the spin be when all of the major developers move to the xbox?

Because that's ever happened?

#38 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

I'm still happy with my Ps2 and Gamecube. I don't need these new fangled fangles

#39 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,900 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

Because that's ever happened?

why do you think the big three are toying with this idea? developers want this and will focus their resources on the console that gives them the most control.

#40 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,221 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

why do you think the big three are toying with this idea? developers want this and will focus their resources on the console that gives them the most control.

I highly doubt the developers are going to turn their backs on millions of users of WiiU's and PS4's, and the profits that will surely come from developing for them.....

#41 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,900 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

I mean I dunno about the actual money "lost" on used games but apparently it's pretty significant to developers. It would send quite the message to the big three that would force the other two to make it the norm.

ps- I don't buy that argument myself I'm just saying the companies do

#42 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,221 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

I mean I dunno about the actual money "lost" on used games but apparently it's pretty significant to developers. It would send quite the message to the big three that would force the other two to make it the norm.

ps- I don't buy that argument myself I'm just saying the companies do

I hear ya, just at the end of the day I feel like it's the big three that hold the leverage not the developers. Developers want to make as much money as possible, which can only happen if they're willing to develop for all three platforms....

#43 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

If there are no more physical disks, then they could save a ton on production and distribution costs. No CDs, no boxes, no shipping, not paying a graphic artist to design box art for goodness sake! With a totally electronic distribution methodology, Microsoft could save millions, and pass the savings on to us the consumer in the form of cheap new games!

They won't, though.

They already digitally sell games and they're the standards $59.99. Many have pointed out how stupid that is yet people still buy the games that way. The $60 Black Ops 2 is one of the most bought games on XBL. I guarantee that they'll NEVER lower prices.

Hell, supposedly prices these days are a lot better than what they were during the nintendo days.

#44 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,868 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

Im a 360 guy but I will laugh hysterically at Microsoft when the PS4 destroys the new Xbox in the market provided these rumors are true. There's not a force on earth that could make me buy the new xbox if they are. It's corporate greed at it's absolute finest and purest form.

I'd assume Microsoft would try to not even release confirmation on these rumors and hope nobody notices until they haul in enough money to try and compete against the PS4 when their system is released.

At this rate, by the time I have a teenager ready to game, it will be practically impossible. These companies want to sell you less and less game for more and more money. As mentioned above, it's gonna reach a point where these games are nothing but extended rentals.

#45 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

It's MUCH more difficult for people who pirate games to play when they're connected to XBL. The #1 piece of advise when dealing with modded consoles is stay off of XBL whenever possible. Now, if you're getting into JTAG/RGH territory then connecting to XBL is flat-out impossible as far as I'm aware.

I think, though, it's arrogant for MS to think that the hackers aren't going to find a way around this like they do around everything else. Eventually they find a way around everything. It's only a matter of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com