Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Growl

Keenan Allen Pro Day Tommorow.

328 posts in this topic

Mayock said if you like him..he is Anquan Boldin. A slow tough guy.. but he is nursing an injury that is still hindering him 2+ months.

I see just another Lafell..and not much difference between them. Allen a more polished catcher.

Why have 2 Lafells when you can get others in this draft. Hopkins is faster with a similar catch radius.

You go Hunter-Patterson if you want the catch radius n want the size speed rawness.

40 times confirm what you see on film..Tavon Austin looked ligtning quick and ran 4.3(proven and confirmed game and timed speed)

Dewayne Jarrett ran a 4.7 and played like a 4.5 guy at USC(as we know too well) Exact words about Keenan Allen. Not a great trend IMO. All about gaining seperation in the NFL..cant jump over college kids.

I was talking about the way they both utilize their route running to create enough separation to make plays.

It all goes hand in hand. Bolden uses his size and strength to create separation Allen, with his lack of speed will have to find unique ways to create separation in the nfl. He won't be playing against pac 12 competition anymore

For what it's worth, Jerry Rice ran a 4.71.

Everybody has an opinion but you guys that are dogmatically stating that your opinion is the only possible correct conclusion are making me laugh.

Once again I bring up Luke Kuechly, who like a total of 4 of us wanted last year during these discussions.

We should all just cool our jets.

when you watch his games he does not get much seperation. his time confirms it. Luke kuechly was a need last season.. I wanted a DT but was a rational Huddler that has achillies issues and know Beason and TD could equal zero linebackers.

The Huddle bubble assumed full recovery for both..even saw someone say TD should go to FS?!? blown knees ...now cover Wrs n Tes..lol

Everybody has an opinion but you guys that are dogmatically stating that your opinion is the only possible correct conclusion are making me laugh.

Once again I bring up Luke Kuechly, who like a total of 4 of us wanted last year during these discussions.

This comparison is outdated. The NFL of today isn't the NFL of 20 years ago. People should get that stamped into their brains. DBs that ran 4.3s and 4.4s were rare. So were RBs that were built like LBs and WRs that had DL/OL height.

This comparison is outdated. The NFL of today isn't the NFL of 20 years ago. People should get that stamped into their brains. DBs that ran 4.3s and 4.4s were rare. So were RBs that were built like LBs and WRs that had DL/OL height.

Then maybe we should draft Usain Bolt.

Then maybe we should draft Usain Bolt.

He would be a better WR prospect..Greg Olsen will outrun Keenan Allen...Dan Conner could catch him from behind lol..ok noow I am going to far.

With all things equal...WR that is slow 4.71 n 4.75...coming off of a knee injury that shows he still cannot cut well on drills..lost explosiveness you gotta have too much "faith" that Allen will have corrected and increased his abilities to say all of these measurables and flags are just phooey...

Hurney did that quite a bit as I recall.

That's another aspect that irks me. Allen supporters act as if Keenan is the consensus #1 WR in this draft but if that were true, then he'd be going before Austin and Patterson. They also act as if his performance today put him on the map. Running a 4.7 only reinforces possession receiver labels and separation concerns. A month ago, fans were claiming he ran a 4.4 and was faster than he appeared on tape. Now, fans are citing that speed isn't important and settle for Allen's routes and hands, which is fine but Hopkins has superior hands and is just as good as Keenan in running routes. So what makes him deserving to be taken as the third best WR in this draft when a WR such as Hopkins is on his talent level?